Help your fluency in a nifty way

Discussion of natural languages, or language in general.
Ziz
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Help your fluency in a nifty way

Post by Ziz »

חשבתי קצת על זה, ואני חושב שהרבה פעמים החברים שלי מתחילים לשעמם אותי מפני שאני לא יכול למצוא את כל מה שאני רוצה מגבר אחד. החבר מברזיל היה נחמד וחמוד, אבל נפרדנו מפני שהשיחה בינינו לא היתה מספיק עוררת. אני לא רוצה לדבר על איך היה היום שלי, ובאמת אני לא חושב שהוא היה חושב על סוגי הדברים שרציתי לדסקס איתו. ועכשיו, אני לא מסופק כי הגבר שאני איתו לא יכול לספק אותי באופן מיני. נראה שכל פעם שאני מוצא מישהו חדש, אני צריך ללמד אותו איך להזדיין באופן גיי. דיי כבר!
I thought a bit about it, and I think that lots of times boyfriends start to bore me because I can't find everything I want in one guy. The boyfriend I had from Brazil was sweet and attractive, but we broke up because the conversations we had weren't very stimulating. I just don't want to talk about how my day was, and honestly I don't think he really thought enough about the kind of things I wanted to discuss with him. And now, I'm just not satisfied because the guy I'm with can't satisfy in a sexual way. It always seems that everybody new I find, I have to teach them how to do gay sex. It's just enough already.

Maybe it's because I try to be friends with the people I date. I'm not sure. I want to do everything that friends usually do together—talk, go out, just keep each other company—but then on top of that I'm supposed to do all those things with them and then be solely affectionate and sexual with them. I'm just very affectionate with all my friends in general, and sometimes that affection manifests itself in quasi-sexual ways. It seems unnatural to me that I have a comparatively large category of friends who I'm not allowed to be sexual/affectionate with, and instead I'm supposed to get all of the satisfaction I need out of the sex and affection parts of life from just one person.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

彼氏は大体月一回だけ会うことができるので、難しい。それで、彼は大学とかのためにアメリカに行きたくて、パイロットのことを勉強したくて、僕は日本に留まりたい。もしかしたら、彼は9月に行く。そしたら、もう一緒にはできないかも。
I only see my boyfriend about once a month, so it's difficult. And he's thinking of going to America for maybe university, and he wants to study to be a pilot, but I want to stay in Japan. Perhaps he'll leave in September. And if so, maybe we can't date anymore.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Thry wrote:Cuantitativamente soy arromántico pero cualitativamente soy más bien heterorromántico, por decir algo. Creo que tener un novio sería raro de cojones. ¿Cómo lo lleváis vosotros? Dependencia... de otro tío... xD.
I'm aromantic quantitatively but qualitatively I think I'm more heteroromantic, if anything. I think having a boyfriend would be weird as fuck. How do you guys cope? Dependence... from another dude xD.
.צריך קודם שלא יהיה לך אכפת מתפקידי מגדר
You need to not care about gender roles first.

Ziz wrote:Maybe it's because I try to be friends with the people I date. I'm not sure. I want to do everything that friends usually do together—talk, go out, just keep each other company—but then on top of that I'm supposed to do all those things with them and then be solely affectionate and sexual with them. I'm just very affectionate with all my friends in general, and sometimes that affection manifests itself in quasi-sexual ways. It seems unnatural to me that I have a comparatively large category of friends who I'm not allowed to be sexual/affectionate with, and instead I'm supposed to get all of the satisfaction I need out of the sex and affection parts of life from just one person.
להתיידד עם החבר פשוט לא עובד במערכת יחסים מסורתית, יש יחס מקובל בין בני זוג שהוא לגמרי שונה מהיחס בין ידידים. זה למה עדיף יזיזים, שאתה יכול לעשות איתם הכל ואפילו להתנהג כאילו בני זוג אבל בלי צורך להתחייב
Being friends with your boyfriend just doesn't work in a traditional relationship, the acceptable relationship between boyfriends is completely different from the one between friends. That's why sexfriends are better, who you can do everything with them and even act like boyfriends but without needing to commit yourself.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

Wasimasiy ancha qhillin. Sapanpi tiyanayani.
My roommate is so gross. I wish I lived alone. :s

Nate
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Nate »

Theta wrote:Wasimasiy ancha qhillin. Sapanpi tiyanayani.
My roommate is so gross. I wish I lived alone. :s
... Vogliamo noi ancora sapere i dettagli?
... Do we even want to know the details?
I am nerd, hear me /ɹoʊɹ/!

jmcd
Smeric
Smeric

Post by jmcd »

finlay wrote:彼氏は大体月一回だけ会うことができるので、難しい。それで、彼は大学とかのためにアメリカに行きたくて、パイロットのことを勉強したくて、僕は日本に留まりたい。もしかしたら、彼は9月に行く。そしたら、もう一緒にはできないかも。
I only see my boyfriend about once a month, so it's difficult. And he's thinking of going to America for maybe university, and he wants to study to be a pilot, but I want to stay in Japan. Perhaps he'll leave in September. And if so, maybe we can't date anymore.
Das ist komisch für ein Freund, nur einmal pro Monat sich zu treffen.
That's unusual for a boyfriend for yous to see each other only once a month.
Astraios wrote:
Ziz wrote:Maybe it's because I try to be friends with the people I date. I'm not sure. I want to do everything that friends usually do together—talk, go out, just keep each other company—but then on top of that I'm supposed to do all those things with them and then be solely affectionate and sexual with them. I'm just very affectionate with all my friends in general, and sometimes that affection manifests itself in quasi-sexual ways. It seems unnatural to me that I have a comparatively large category of friends who I'm not allowed to be sexual/affectionate with, and instead I'm supposed to get all of the satisfaction I need out of the sex and affection parts of life from just one person.
להתיידד עם החבר פשוט לא עובד במערכת יחסים מסורתית, יש יחס מקובל בין בני זוג שהוא לגמרי שונה מהיחס בין ידידים. זה למה עדיף יזיזים, שאתה יכול לעשות איתם הכל ואפילו להתנהג כאילו בני זוג אבל בלי צורך להתחייב
Being friends with your boyfriend just doesn't work in a traditional relationship, the acceptable relationship between boyfriends is completely different from the one between friends. That's why sexfriends are better, who you can do everything with them and even act like boyfriends but without needing to commit yourself.
So ein Schmarrn! So viele Menschen haben gute Freunden und romantische Freunden, die sind die gleiche.
What nonsense! So many people have their best friends and boyfriends/girlfriends being the same people.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

そうだね。彼は遠く住んでいるんで、今忙しいんだわ。
Yeah, he lives far away, and he's been busy lately.

日本人式に、長すぎて働いているんだ。ダメだけどね。
In the Japanese style, he works too long hours. This is bad...

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

jmcd wrote:So ein Schmarrn! So viele Menschen haben gute Freunden und romantische Freunden, die sind die gleiche.
What nonsense! So many people have their best friends and boyfriends/girlfriends being the same people.
אני לא רואה אותם. אני רואה הרבה יותר שיש להם בן זוג שהוא לא החבר הכי טוב
I don't see them. I see way more who have a boyfriend who's not their best friend.

jmcd
Smeric
Smeric

Post by jmcd »

Sie haben wahrscheinlich nicht den besten Mensch für ihn gefunden.
They probably haven't found the best person for them.

din
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by din »

Mon mari est aussi mon meilleur ami. Je ne voudrais pas qu'il en soit autrement. Si vous êtes même pas des bons amis, ce n'est que sexuel -- pas une vraie relation.

(Évidemment, il n'y a rien de mal à cela!)

My husband is also my best friend. I wouldn't have it any other way. If you aren't even good friends, it's only sexual -- not a real relationship.

(Nothing wrong with that, of course!)
— o noth sidiritt Tormiott

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

Nate wrote:... Vogliamo noi ancora sapere i dettagli?
... Do we even want to know the details?
Thực ra thì không khủng khiếp quá, em chắc. Nó thật đúng là mẫu rập khuôn trai nhất. Cho tức giận chưa!
It's not really that terrible, I guess. He's just the most stereotypical male. It's so annoying!

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

.צריך קודם שלא יהיה לך אכפת מתפקידי מגדר
You need to not care about gender roles first.
Posso não importar-me pelo aquecimento global, mas ainda está aí.
I can not care about global warming, but it's still there.

A menos que digas que só saia com pessoas sem género; não obstante, há um problema, é a masculinidade prototípica a qual atrai-me!
Unless you mean I date only agendered people, I have a problem, tho, I'm attracted to prototypical masculinity!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

אני מתכוון שאם יש לך בעיה עם בחור שלוקח את התפקיד 'הנשי' במערכת יחסים, רק בגלל שהוא בחור, אכפת לך על תפקידים מוסרותיים וכזה
I mean that if you've got a problem with a guy who takes the 'feminine' role in a relationship, just because he's a guy, you care about traditional roles and stuff.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Una aclaració per començar: que no vulgui fer alguna cosa (una relació particular, qualsevol, o fer-ho amb algú) no vol dir que tingui un problema amb allò. Sols que uns m'atreuen i altres no pas.
An acclaration first: that I don't feel like doing something (a particular relationship configuration, any, or a person) doesn't mean I've got a problem with it. Only that some I'm attracted to and not others.

Dit això, no m'agraden res les relacions asimètriques ("rol femení"), si estigués amb un noi seriem els dos tios i feriem el que vulguéssim en funció de les nostres personalitats. M'agraden les relacions sexuals asimètriques, però això es això.
That said, I don't like at all an assymetrical relationship ("feminine role"), if I were with a guy we'd both be guys and do whatever we liked according to our personalities. I like assymetrical sexual relationships, but that's that.

Els altres poden fer-ho, però jo no vull estar amb una persona trans, ni amb una persona que pren el rol de gènere d'altra perquè sóc atret a les actituds i gent cis. Ho feia abans amb una noia femenina que amb una persona trans, això és la meva orientació. Sóc cissexual.
Other people can have it, but I don't want to be with a trans person, or a person who takes another gender's role because I'm attracted to cis attitudes and people. I'd rather have sex with a girly girl than a trans person, this is my own orientation. I'm cissexual.

Al menys per ara. Estic obert a canvis.
At least for now. I'm open-minded.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Estic obert a canvis també. (Ho penso.) Soc cisgénero i homosexual, però crec que m'agradaria tenir relacions sexuals amb una dona. Si els dos ens trobem l'un a l'altre atractiu, o el que sigui.
I'm openminded as well. (I think.) I'm cisgender and gay, but I think I would have sex with a woman. If we found each other attractive, or whatever.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

נו זה מה שאמרתי, שאכפת לך מתפקידי מגדר. אני לא יודע על מה אתה עונה כאן.
But that's what I said, that you care about gender roles. I don't know what you're replying to here.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Astraios wrote:נו זה מה שאמרתי, שאכפת לך מתפקידי מגדר. אני לא יודע על מה אתה עונה כאן.
But that's what I said, that you care about gender roles. I don't know what you're replying to here.
A Qui? En Thry o a mi?

Whom? Thry or me?
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró

jal
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by jal »

Astraios wrote:I see way more who have a boyfriend who's not their best friend.
Man kann alles sagen gegen einen besten Freund, aber nicht gegen einen Partner.
One can say everything to a best friend, but not to a partner

JAL

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Astraios wrote:נו זה מה שאמרתי, שאכפת לך מתפקידי מגדר. אני לא יודע על מה אתה עונה כאן.
Estava discutint la teva definició de preocupar-se de. Segons tu, no et preocupes per les dones?
I was arguing your definition of "care". According to yourself, you don't "care" about women?

Hem de sexualitzar algunes característiques, les que siguin, sinó no podem tenir sexualitats funcionals. Això implica que altres no. Però això és sexual, no pas ideològic. Fas que soni com si fos una creença que he de superar.
We have to sexualize some traits, after all, or else we can't have a functional sexuality. That means some others are left out. But this is sexual, not ideological. You make it sound like it's some belief I have to get over.
Estic obert a canvis també. (crec.) Sóc cisgènere i homosexual, però crec que m'agradaria tenir relacions sexuals amb una dona. Si els dos ens trobem l'un a l'altre atractius, o el que sigui.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

כששאלת איך מסתדרים עם גבר שמסתמך עליך (תפקיד 'נשי') עניתי שצריך שלא יהיה אכפת מהתפקידים האלה, אלא לתת גם לגברים להסתמך ולהיות בתפקיד 'נשי'. צריך במובן הסתמי, ככה מסתדרים אנשים עם זה. נראה לי שהבנת שאני אומר שאתה בעצמך חייב להשתנות
When you asked how do you cope with a guy who depends on you (a 'feminine' role) I answered that you have to not care about these roles, but rather to let men be dependent as well and be in a 'feminine' role. Have to in the impersonal sense, that's how people cope with it. It looks like you understood me as saying that you yourself need to change.

А это ты откуда принёс?
And where did you bring this from?
Thry wrote:Segons tu, no et preocupes per les dones?
According to yourself, you don't "care" about women?

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Ah, no has entès el que volia dir, doncs. Volia dir "dependre" com qualsevol depèn d'altre en una relació romàntica, no d'una manera femenina. És a dir, passar temps amb l'altre persona i contar amb ella - sóc massa independent per visualitzar-ho. Mai he volgut involucrar els rols de gènere aquí.
Oh, you didn't get my meaning then. I meant "depend" as anybody depends on another in a romantic relationship, not in a feminine manner. Like, spending time with the other person and relying on them - I'm too independent to conceive it. I never meant to bring gender roles into this.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

Mana munasqaykiwanchu pachata imanayta munanki?
You don't like to spend time with your partner? :s

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Thry wrote:
Estic obert a canvis també. (crec.) Sóc cisgènere i homosexual, però crec que m'agradaria tenir relacions sexuals amb una dona. Si els dos ens trobem l'un a l'altre atractius, o el que sigui.
Moltes gràcies.
Thank you very much.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Theta wrote:Mana munasqaykiwanchu pachata imanayta munanki?
You don't like to spend time with your partner? :s
No tinc parella. Tinc amics.
I don't have partners. I have friends.

Arzena
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Arzena »

我今天晚上喝了一杯茶,我和我的朋友去徳州大学的Round-Up玩儿的。
wǒ jīntiān wǎnshang hē le yí bēi chá, wǒ hé wǒ de péngyóu qù Dézhōu Dàxué de Round-Up wánr de.
My friends and I will go to hang out at UT's Round-Up this evening after I drink a cup of tea.

@Mandarin speakers: Is 玩儿, wánr, like Japanese asobu, in that both are often translated as "play" but imply socializing and not-work rather than children's games?
A New Yorker wrote:Isn't it sort of a relief to talk about the English Premier League instead of the sad state of publishing?
Abi wrote:At this point it seems pretty apparent that PIE was simply an ancient esperanto gone awry.
Shtåså, Empotle7á, Neire Wippwo