Any Athabaskan/Na-Dene grammars?

Discussion of natural languages, or language in general.
Solarius
Sanci
Sanci

Any Athabaskan/Na-Dene grammars?

Post by Solarius »

So, whenever I read anything on the Na-Dene language family, my mind gets utterly blown. Does anyone know of any good online grammars for the Na-Dene languages?
Yo jo moy garsmichte pa

Solarius
Sanci
Sanci

Re: Any Athabaskan/Na-Dene grammars?

Post by Solarius »

D'oh! Could someone move this to L&L?
Yo jo moy garsmichte pa

Radius Solis
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Radius Solis »

Moved.

I don't know of any good online Athabaskan grammars, though there may be one or two. Concentrate on Navajo - there's more Navajo material out there than the rest of the family combined. But if you have any access to a major library, especially a university library, that would seriously be the place to look. When I used to use the University of Arizona library, it had dozens of Athabaskan grammars, of which I've read one (on Sarcee) and perused another (on Koyukon).

Good luck!

Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Cedh »

Last edited by Cedh on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Just for comparison, the university libraries in my area typically have between zero and two detailed grammatical texts on Athabaskan languages, almost always Navajo or Apache. The University of Arizona is bound to be an outlier in this regard. Most states have universal catalogs that let you search all the state schools at once. Try that for your state and see where it gets you.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]