Slang For Penis In Europe

Discussion of natural languages, or language in general.
Hallow XIII
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Slang For Penis In Europe

Post by Hallow XIII »

And where exactly do you get THAT from? Did I say anywhere that being crude is a thing limited to gay people? Did I say anywhere that the obnoxious part is that they are doing this while being gay instead of while being straight (no, of course not, if anything by the current standards doing this while being gay is more acceptable because broadcasting of snowflakiness gets +Liberalism points, cf protecting-your-culture vs NAZI FASCISM [ie nationalist sentiments of minority groups vs nationalist sentiments of majority groups]).

I you feel like my post reads like anti-gay propaganda, fine, I will amend it. But the fact of the matter is that the incessant
Somebody wrote:penis
Astraios wrote:Teehee.
does become a bit grating after a while. And not to mention, it has the very real effect of obscuring that Astraios actually knows a lot about languages. Everybody just thinks of him as... Well, you know what I mean.
陳第 wrote:蓋時有古今,地有南北;字有更革,音有轉移,亦勢所必至。
R.Rusanov wrote:seks istiyorum
sex want-PRS-1sg
Read all about my excellent conlangs
Basic Conlanging Advice

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Hallow, you're telling me you're not gay?? Fine. Also lol, you weren't even here for "the first ten times" of me, much less Astraios, wat.

Also you are wrong from the premise if you think talking about sex needs an excuse. What is this? C'mon, this is a fucking PENIS THREAD. How seriously can you talk about disproportion here.

Hallow XIII
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Hallow XIII »

Look, I don't have a problem with you talking about sex (only with the quantity of this), and in the first place the only reason why I even started talking was because I was going to chastise you for accusing Xephyr of being Hemithematic (which in light of his services to conartistry I find somewhat daring) but then I got carried off into stating why Nessari said the one-trick pony thing in the first place. Because it's really quite very extremely blatant. And surely you can't deny either that there is a bit of excess afoot here!
sex want-PRS-1sg
Basic Conlanging Advice

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I was going to say something in my defense, but I've changed it to "I like penis", because those are the only three words I know.

Hallow XIII wrote:And surely you can't deny either that there is a bit of excess afoot here!
If you're going to chastise me for excessive penis, why don't you hop along and chastise Torco for excessive use of the words "dude", "man", and "chicks", and chastise Salmoneus for excessively long posts, and everyone else for being so excessively obsessed with languages that they make extra ones up for fun.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Oh. I have nothing against Xephyr, sorry, that was just a joke [if 10k post count is monothematic, then ~5k post is hemithematic, according to his premise]. It has nothing to do with his value as a member.

Talking for myself: yes, IRL I find people who talk excessively about sex annoying. In fact, I'm mostly closeted, so with a lot of people I don't say a word about sex, be it because it would be inappropriate or because I don't have a lot to add on hetero guy sex talk. OTOH, with close friends I do talk a lot of about gay and non-gay sex, maybe because we're all liberal horny teens [and some not so teen-y anymore] to which that is a salient part of life now - in any case, there it's not unwelcome, because we aren't annoyed by it and keep it to ourselves. This is an internet forum, and some people here I find friendly in that regard, and I find myself comfortable goofing off with them, and why not, talking about gay sex crassly; it can be fun at times too.

Sure, "running gags" can become annoying, but if the person doing them can't be bothered to change the behavior after acknowledging the requests, do one of the following a) disregard them and interact with people you like better or 2) if they're somebody you're more close to, talk to them privately and tolerate them [if you're this close, you mostly won't mind, though] - this is a public forum, things are not directed at anybody unless specifically meant to. Other than that I find incessant bitching on the behavior of others here irritating and pointless, like with Eddy, or whining about memes or old jokes... live with it, you're not directly harmed. There is always going to be something that annoys you, the world is just that big.

Hallow XIII
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Hallow XIII »

Fine, fine, I relent. Evidently our understanding of what constitutes a sufficiently removed location differs.

But moderation is still a virtue.
sex want-PRS-1sg
Basic Conlanging Advice

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Okay, I'll take it into account for the sake of good cohabitation.

I'll also contribute to the thread and get back on topic by providing a list of Spanish idioms for male masturbation [and this is not me being ironic, I promise]:
Tocar la zambomba. Play the zambomba (drum-like instrument)
Degollar al gallo Behead the rooster.
Jugar a la wii Play wii
Estrujar la salchicha Squash the sausage
Sacudir la sardina Shake the sardine (a fish)
Hacer llorar al calvo Make the bald one cry
5 contra 1 y el que pierde escupe 5 against 1 and the one who loses spits
Sacarle brillo al soldadito Polish the little soldier
Pulir el trofeo Polish the trophy
Matar al gusano Kill the worm
Limpiar la Manija Clean the handle
Afilar la espada Sharpen the blade (also used with sable, saber)
Apuñalarse la ingle Stab the thigh
Apuñalar el gato Stab the cat
Visitar a Manuela Visit Manuela [also: hacerse una manuela, lit. to make a manuela to oneself]
Desplumar a Tweety Pluck Tweety
Sacudirse la nutria Shake the otter
Peinar la serpiente Comb the snake
Lustrar el palo Polish the stick
Despeinar a la cacatua Mess up the cockatoo's hair
Usar el ascensor Use the lift
Jugar con el movil Play with the phone
Darle al manubrio Hit the crank
[...] ad infinitum

Spain is indeed a rich language.

Izambri
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Izambri »

One of my favorites: eina polifèmica "polyphemic tool"
Un llapis mai dibuixa sense una mà.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

finlay wrote:Oh shut the fuck up. If it comes to that, straight people are like that all the time. They get to announce loudly and bluntly that they're a fan of tits without people telling them off for it.
So behavior not-here is an excuse for behavior here...coolstorybro.

When I posted here responding to Astraios, it was in exasperation at the latest example of this; the primary place has been in the Conlang Fluency thread. I know there have been several people who are not myself who have been discouraged from posting more in there because so much of it is Astraios, Thry and Imralu going back and forth about cocks sex and sundry. I'm really not trying to play subject police here; I don't want any gay sex talk to completely vanish or anything, just wondering if the volume couldn't be dialed back a few notches.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Yaali Annar
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Yaali Annar »

There is a place to talk about butts and buttsticks and this is totally not the place.
And, before anyone shouts homophone, I say this is as a person who likes butts and buttsticks.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

I seriously dislike the idea of verboten topics. But sometimes they have to exist; this is not one of those times, IMO.
Image Image

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Nessari wrote:When I posted here responding to Astraios, it was in exasperation at the latest example of this; the primary place has been in the Conlang Fluency thread. I know there have been several people who are not myself who have been discouraged from posting more in there because so much of it is Astraios, Thry and Imralu going back and forth about cocks sex and sundry. I'm really not trying to play subject police here; I don't want any gay sex talk to completely vanish or anything, just wondering if the volume couldn't be dialed back a few notches.
So why not just say that politely? When I got people telling me I talked too much Catalan and Spanish I stopped talking those so much and created specific threads for it and the problem got solved. I'm a reasonable person, I'll reduce the amount of cocktalk from my part in the fluency threads if it bothers you and others to the point of non-posting for that sole reason; but it's also true that I cannot empathize with your position if all I see are insults and attempts to make other people feel debased [and, FYI, there have been huge periods of time I remember when Astraios wasn't posting and neither you nor Hallow seemed to be very frequent posters. Also I doubt if any of you posted with "let's talk about something else" anyone would go NO COCK GTFO. Okay, we have a different sense of humor, but I try to bear others']

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

finlay wrote:Oh shut the fuck up. If it comes to that, straight people are like that all the time. They get to announce loudly and bluntly that they're a fan of tits without people telling them off for it. That's not to say that it's not crude, nor that Astraios isn't: they both are. But let him be, or at least tell him off without being a homophobic asswipe.
QFT
Shm Jay wrote:The map should be called "What Astraios looks for when he visits each linguistic area of Europe". :mrgreen:
am I crazy, or does this sound pretty mean-spirited?
does become a bit grating after a while. And not to mention, it has the very real effect of obscuring that Astraios actually knows a lot about languages. Everybody just thinks of him as... Well, you know what I mean.
Well see that's strao's fault or the fault of the sticks in the mud who can't get sex out of their dirty minds. Like, if someone, out of 100 posts, makes 70 about cooking, 10 about miscelanea and 20 about valuable posts about history and historiography, it would be kinda retarded to go "well, you say so much about cooking and food its only logical to percieve you as the cooking guy and forget you know a shitload about history. sooo why does this happen with sex? "you say so much about how you like cock that we forget you know about languages, can you blame us?" why is other people speaking about sex so very grating, I ask? surely its not grating for people to speak about barbecues or furniture, about politics or christianity. This point is well illustrated here
If you're going to chastise me for excessive penis, why don't you hop along and chastise Torco for excessive use of the words "dude", "man", and "chicks", and chastise Salmoneus for excessively long posts, and everyone else for being so excessively obsessed with languages that they make extra ones up for fun.
You don't find Sal's consistently... salmonean tone grating. you don't find my consistent informality grating... you don't find izo's consistent posting of news in big letters and meme gifs grating... you just find penis grating? why does penis grate you, hallow?
Also you are wrong from the premise if you think talking about sex needs an excuse. What is this? C'mon, this is a fucking PENIS THREAD. How seriously can you talk about disproportion here.
giggle... penis thread... giggle... disproportion... giggle
Yaali Annar wrote:There is a place to talk about butts and buttsticks and this is totally not the place.
And, before anyone shouts homophone, I say this is as a person who likes butts and buttsticks.
the penis thread is not the place to speak of butts and buttsticks ?

My take on this is: come on, guys, this is the penis thread, the thread were penis is discussed. why do people get all worked up about sex in this day and age? Okay, when mummy loves daddy, or when cousin jamie finds one of her friends particularly pretty, they sometimes rub parts of their bodies against each other, and if feels nice. Its a natural part of life and you shouldn't be grated by it... chafed? use lube. grated? use... i dunno... levity?
Last edited by Torco on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Thry wrote:
Nessari wrote:When I posted here responding to Astraios, it was in exasperation at the latest example of this; the primary place has been in the Conlang Fluency thread. I know there have been several people who are not myself who have been discouraged from posting more in there because so much of it is Astraios, Thry and Imralu going back and forth about cocks sex and sundry. I'm really not trying to play subject police here; I don't want any gay sex talk to completely vanish or anything, just wondering if the volume couldn't be dialed back a few notches.
So why not just say that politely? When I got people telling me I talked too much Catalan and Spanish I stopped talking those so much and created specific threads for it and the problem got solved. I'm a reasonable person, I'll reduce the amount of cocktalk from my part in the fluency threads if it bothers you and others to the point of non-posting for that sole reason; but it's also true that I cannot empathize with your position if all I see are insults and attempts to make other people feel debased [and, FYI, there have been huge periods of time I remember when Astraios wasn't posting and neither you nor Hallow seemed to be very frequent posters. Also I doubt if any of you posted with "let's talk about something else" anyone would go NO COCK GTFO. Okay, we have a different sense of humor, but I try to bear others']
Not having been an active participant in the fluency thread and not wanting to risk sounding homophobic combined to make me leery of saying anything, then with 'Straio's post in this thread I guess I just hit a saturation level or something, and snapped.

I'm sorry I was a bitch to you, Astraios. I wish I had handled it better.
Image Image

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Not having been an active participant in the fluency thread and not wanting to risk sounding homophobic combined to make me leery of saying anything, then with 'Straio's post in this thread I guess I just hit a saturation level or something, and snapped.
No big feelings from my part then; also for reference I myself have never said any of this is homophobic, at most I was arguing it was sex-sensitive (as it is true that sex gets a lot of taboo in our society, even in its young sectors, I guess I kinda try to find solace in close circles and in the internet).

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Torco wrote:
Shm Jay wrote:The map should be called "What Astraios looks for when he visits each linguistic area of Europe". :mrgreen:
Well it made me laugh, so I guess you're crazy. :p

Nessari wrote:I'm sorry I was a bitch to you, Astraios. I wish I had handled it better.
That's okay, don't feel bad. I didn't feel like you were bitching, everyone gets irritated just a bit too much sometimes. /hug

As for Hallow, yes, some comments do come across as somewhat homophobic without realising it, but I didn't take any of the things said as intentionally homophobic or hurtful, and I'm not particularly upset about it in the first place anyway, but I do think chastising someone for reasons of excessive sexualness (of all things...) is petty and silly. If I was harrassing people or being nasty about it or converting good Christian children to the homosexual agenda, okay, but I don't really think I am. At the end of the day, what she said:
Thry wrote:Okay, I'll take it into account for the sake of good cohabitation.
, but perhaps some reciprocity would be nice, i.e. take into account not to jump too hard on people who are just a bit irritating sometimes.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I are crazy then.

lol Thry straio called you a she haaaa-ha ;)

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

I'm tempted to reply with something sexual, but no. I'll leave the discussion for the bedroom. Wait. Damn.

Melend
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Melend »

Thry wrote:Jugar a la wii Play wii
Seriously? Oh dear.

Does the phrase "the left-handed samba" mean anything?

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

I only know a handful personally, but there's so many dialects some people must say play wii or w/e, I don't like that one especially.

xDDD yea that's a good one. Not that concrete one, but I've heard something similar for sure.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Astraios wrote:
Torco wrote:
Well it made me laugh, so I guess you're crazy. :p
Believe it or not, you could make a similar map for me as long as the word was "used books".

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Fyi it was mostly just the bit saying "we got you were gay after the first ten times" that I was reacting to. I sort of agree that Astraios overdoes it sometimes but that's not the way to complain about it.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Shm Jay wrote:Believe it or not, you could make a similar map for me as long as the word was "used books".
I get a book every non-Anglophone country I go to, and I got given an Enid Blyton in Russian from a friend in Jerusalem, so now I don't even need to go to Russia. :p

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

An Enid Blyton book as in The Famous Five :-D ?

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Five go off in a caravan!