Compose key programs

Discussion of natural languages, or language in general.
Chagen
Avisaru
Avisaru

Compose key programs

Post by Chagen »

Today I started using my father's laptop instead of my own since mine was pretty much falling pieces. I've been setting up more and stuff on it and I intend to use it for a decently wide variety of things, though not everything I did on my old laptop since he'll need it once every few weeks or so.

So, I've been thinking about getting a compose key program so I can enter non-ASCII letters easily. I currently use FreeCompose on both of my computers, but that program has some limitations (it wont accept some of the letters I would like to use) and I do remember someone else suggesting I use a different one (but I was already so familiar with FreeCompose I stuck with it). So, do you have any suggestions on what I can use to easily type non-ASCII letters/unicode?
Nūdhrēmnāva naraśva, dṛk śraṣrāsit nūdhrēmanīṣṣ iźdatīyyīm woḥīm madhēyyaṣṣi.
satisfaction-DEF.SG-LOC live.PERFECTIVE-1P.INCL but work-DEF.SG-PRIV satisfaction-DEF.PL.NOM weakeness-DEF.PL-DAT only lead-FUT-3P

Aili Meilani
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Compose key programs

Post by Aili Meilani »

WinCompose?

KathTheDragon
Smeric
Smeric

Post by KathTheDragon »

If you're on Windows, check out WinCompose. It has the benefit of letting you add new sequences.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Its not technically a Compose Key program, but Ive always just used Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. Unless they discontinued it and it doesnt work with Windows 10 or something, I have never needed anything else. Has everything in every conlang that I need: āḅčðēḟɣʰīʲkʲłṃŋōṗkʷřšþūṿʷʒəž
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says: