zompist bboard

a congress of convoluted conworldery
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

One of these days I'll get a language properly developed and poured onto paper instead of tossing/holding ideas in my head forever and never actually clearing them into a grammar.

In the meantime I decided I should try to reactivate this account. It amazes me that this place is still around when so many others I stalked around when I last here are gone.

We're all under strict orders not to bite the newbies. -- Amaya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:35 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

Welcome back! Would you like some pickles and tea? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

Also, don't forget your inspiration material.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:44 am 
Smeric
Smeric

You've just earned yourself a new Tumblr follower mate! I'm currently having fun delving into the mountain of stuff you have on there! Do you plan on describing any of your languages in a single grammar document someday?

First known on here as Karero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

Frislander wrote:
You've just earned yourself a new Tumblr follower mate! I'm currently having fun delving into the mountain of stuff you have on there! Do you plan on describing any of your languages in a single grammar document someday?

Dude, it wasn't I who wrote all that. But this person is one of my role models.

From their past actions, I don't see Iso doing that.

My materials are over here, if you want something from me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 am 
Smeric
Smeric

Welcome back! I feel you, it's so hard to commit to something without walking away from it sometimes! But you can only keep going. If it didn't involve false starts and discovery it wouldn't be a hobby, right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I'm perpetually mired in a state of trying-to-come-back-to-conlanging. Mostly because I usually don't have the free time to conlang, and when my time is free, I use it in other ways. It's taken me three years to get even a little headway on Tl'acho...

Ah, so now I know where Towcester pastries originated! Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 am 
Lebom
Lebom

I remember your user name, if nothing else, so far. I'm really glad. As an inert antique, part of the fossil fleet of conlanging, welcome back and DON'T BE LIKE ME!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:29 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Best of luck to you! I'm not much of a regular around here anymore, and I feel pretty consistently embarrassed about how little concrete work I've managed to do on the conlangs that I care about ("real artists ship", and all). So I can sympathize.

"There's nothing inherently different between knowing who Venusaur is and knowing who Lady Macbeth is" -Xephyr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 am 
Smeric
Smeric

con quesa wrote:
Best of luck to you! I'm not much of a regular around here anymore, and I feel pretty consistently embarrassed about how little concrete work I've managed to do on the conlangs that I care about ("real artists ship", and all). So I can sympathize.

Worst of all, my attempts to get back have been stymied because Formally I work night shifts a weekends only schedule (plus whatever extra I can nab from people's vacations). But I've been on four, recently five days a week since august and it eats your energy like you wouldn't believe. I can't wait for the situation to normalize so I can get back into a normal rhythm and try to work on Mfalen.

I'm also very much on the fence as to whether I should try to use ConWorkShop for the online grammar. I can't tell if that site can handle interlinear glosses, which to me asre a necessary feature.

We're all under strict orders not to bite the newbies. -- Amaya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 am 
Sanci
Sanci

Circeus wrote:
I'm also very much on the fence as to whether I should try to use ConWorkShop for the online grammar. I can't tell if that site can handle interlinear glosses, which to me asre a necessary feature.

Just don't use ConWorkShop. It's slow to respond sometimes, and I've heard of security flaws in the website.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Circeus wrote:

It can.

Uruwi wrote:
Circeus wrote:

Just don't use ConWorkShop. It's slow to respond sometimes, and I've heard of security flaws in the website.

... I'm not gonna lie, there are a crap-ton of problems with the site at the moment, which is why it's (slowly) being rebuilt to fix them all.