Picture taker

Discussions worth keeping around later.
patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Picture taker

Post by patiku »

I was going through my camera photos and thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread for sharing photos with people. These don't have any particular theme, they're just photos I like.

The first is this, which is of one of the degenerate remnants of Occupy New Haven that was hanging around after the group peacefully disbanded because most "occupiers" were actually Yale students who were terrified of having an arrest record.

Here is Anvil playing at MDF X in 2012.

Mortuary Drape, easily one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Something I saw at the fence surrounding MDF X.

A painting of some elementals that I spotted in a nearby thrift shop window. I foolishly decided not to go back as soon as they were open to buy it.

My parking lot about halfway through the 2013 blizzard. By the end of it I wasn't able to open the storm door more than a few inches.

A religious message in New Haven.

Some thing placed in the Baltimore sidewalk. There were a number of them in various languages, but I forgot what the English one said.

Sacred Reich at MDF XI. My glasses were kicked off my head while they were playing and some cool dude immediately snatched them up - in the middle of a huge crowd - and handed them back.

Manilla Road at MDF XI. That old hippie is Mark the Shark, who formed Manilla Road back in the 70s, the bald guy is Bryan Hellroadie, whose roadie's dreams came true when he became a member of the band in the 2000s.

Venom at MDF XI. This was the only picture I managed to take because the crowd was so big and tightly packed that it felt dangerous, and I got outta there.

A nearby arterial road during hurricane Sandy. I remember thinking "this isn't so bad," but them the power went out for a very long time and I had to read my Kindle by candlelight.

A photo of the devastation wrought by Sandy. That boat wasn't righted for months.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Picture taker

Post by vampireshark »

Heh, Venom. One of the bands my brother loves, incidentally.

So, sure, some pics:
Geneva, Switzerland.

Tiny little church of St Michel l'Aguilhe in Le Puy-en-Velay, France.

Roman amphitheater in Lyon.

A mermaid in Copenhagen.

Cardiff Castle.

Guy walking a pet ferret in Toronto.

A water park advertisement with some poorly-selected English.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Getting enough water to cook, drink and wash every day up there must have been a bitch.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

ARCHIMEDES TO THE RESCUE!
or more likely Sennacherib of Assyria (graciously claiming credit for an unknown Semite protoengineer.)
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Izambri
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Izambri »

Torque wrote:Getting enough water to cook, drink and wash every day up there must have been a bitch.
Nah, not so bitchy. Before being a tourist attraction it was a pilgrimage chapel, so no need to carry water up there to cook and wash, at least in large amounts. If needed, only small quantities would be taken up there, probably with the aim of a donkey (which wouldn't give a shit about it, by the way).
Un llapis mai dibuixa sense una mà.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

God bless asses.

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

I took this picture of a chicken coop about a month ago while walking down a pretty nice street. This is notable because the house that the coop is a part of has to be worth at least a quarter of a million and the owners aren't foreigners who don't know better. The mayor lives three doors down from this.

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

vampireshark wrote:Image
Geneva, Switzerland.
Is that a water spout over the lake? :o

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Jipí wrote:
vampireshark wrote:Image
Geneva, Switzerland.
Is that a water spout over the lake? :o
Ooh, it looks like that, doesn't it? Nah, that's the Jet d'eau, an artificial geyser located in the middle of Lac Léman.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.