[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - CCC - Religion voting - thru MON 4/21

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:25 am 
Boardlord
Boardlord

OK, here are links to the religions submitted for this round. I'm afraid inspiration failed to strike and I didn't submit one.

The idea was that the winning religion becomes a widespread global religion... I'm not sure if the religions were designed to facilitate that, so we'll see what happens.

We have just 13 entries, so this time please vote for 4 winners.

, also see

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:44 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Not ready to vote yet; I just wanted to point out for anyone that might be interested that the basic tenets of Swiivà Ngīzwáyadri are spelled out in a second post, which is on the next page of the thread. I only bring it up because the first post is at the end of the page, so it'd be easy to miss the second one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:49 am 
Boardlord
Boardlord

Catdoom, I'm only seeing one post, the one I linked to. What's the other one? Note that you can get a link to a particular posting by right-cligking on little symbol before "Posted:".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

It's the post immediately after that one, on the next page:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:49 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Some more info on the Tsargoki hero cult.

viewtopic.php?p=1074153#p1074153

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:57 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

1. Mecongai
2. Beautiful Game
3. Zalar Ancestor Worship
4. Sunha
5. Nyasingiism

EDIT: if it's only four, forget the fifth one.

Last edited by Hydroeccentricity on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I'm not very sure I like the idea of having the winning religion become all-encompassing. I'm also not sure how to justify that, in-world.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

It might make sense to give religions squares based on the votes they get, but on a significantly larger scale, since religions can cross cultural boundaries and spread much more rapidly than peoples or civilizations.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

What's the deadline?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I'm not done my religion yet though...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:52 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Swiiva Ngizwayadri
Jwa Raoism
Nyasingiism
The Beautiful Game

Adúljôžal ônal kol ví éža únah kex yaxlr gmlĥ hôga jô ônal kru ansu frú.
Ansu frú ônal savel zaš gmlĥ a vek Adúljôžal vé jaga čaþ kex.
Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Adúljôžal ônal kol ví éža únah kex yaxlr gmlĥ hôga jô ônal kru ansu frú.
Ansu frú ônal savel zaš gmlĥ a vek Adúljôžal vé jaga čaþ kex.
Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:11 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

The deadline has already been extended, so that's that. If you're not done, don't worry. You can still present the information. It'll just be a new post-year-4000 religion that arises after this vote.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm 
Boardlord
Boardlord

1 Matrix - Mecongai Abstractism, Calligraphism, Landscapism, Portraitism, Militarism
2 Mornche - The Beautiful Game
3 Catdoom - Swiivà Ngīzwáyadri, also see here
4 Burke - Sunha

Mostly these either were nicely elaborated, or seemed like interestingly non-traditional religions, or both.

Honorary mention to the tiny dragons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

1: Swiivà Ngīzwáyadri
2: The Beautiful Game
3: Sunha
4: Dragolm vibrationism

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Dang, I hate voting in things I've contributed to. It feels odd.

I definitely will give all these a read through and vote later on though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 am 
Lebom
Lebom

The Beautiful Game
Mecongai Philosophies
Zalar Ancestor Worship
Dragolm vibrationism
Swiivà Ngīzwáyadri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

A quick note to those who are daunted by the task of reading a few paragraphs of text:

Today is the deadline, and even if you only have time to skim the entries and vote based on that, it's better than not voting at all because of "OMG several minutes of reading!!1." No one's going to berate you for having an imperfect knowledge of the entries, because it's all a matter of personal taste anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

My votes:

1. Mecongai Philosophies.
2. Swiivà Ngīzwáyadri.
3. Haax and Tehe.
4. Tetratheonism.

And a Coolness Award to Dragolm Vibrationism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

boop

1 - Dragon Vibrationism

2 - Zalar

3 - Zorachok religion

4 - Mecongai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:04 pm 
Sanno
Sanno

Matrix - Mecongai philosophies