[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Venting thread that still excludes eddy (2)

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2646 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 106  Next
 Post subject: Re: Venting thread
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:56 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:21 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:01 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

Depression 15-05-01 - netdoctor.co.uk.png
Depression 15-05-01 - netdoctor.co.uk.png [ 23.84 KiB | Viewed 9870 times ]

Fuck.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:55 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:20 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Only 40% speaks English? That's ridiculous...

But hey Walloons in Belgium are doing a whole lot worse in knowing Dutch so.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:15 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Brussels would probably be a better comparison . And the level of Dutch of most Francophones here is... really disappointing. Almost all publications, signs, announcements, etc. are bilingual, so even without a lot of effort, you can learn so much just by going about your daily life

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 am 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:28 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Last edited by Acid Badger on Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:24 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

@Imralu: If you wanted to know whether you are depressed, I also gathered as much from the posts you posted here.

All I want to say is that you should see depression as a disease distantiated from yourself and not something which is your own fault. If you start blaming yourself for your depression you will be going nowhere. I do hope you will start to see some help for this, in a civilized country like Germany you should also be able to get welfare benefits (in the Netherlands you would have been eligible to receive a WAO a 'law for those unfit for work' (a law which gives you X money if you cannot work for Y percent of the time due to some disease). I am sure some equivalent in Germany exists.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:00 pm 
Sanno
Sanno

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Last edited by Магхіалеі on Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Yay for even more family-related drama to go on top of me feeling down about missing France and a lot of the fun "issues" that've been popping up as of late. And it feels like I don't really have anyone I can trust to talk to.

Some days, I just wanna run away.

In search of subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:48 am 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:12 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

So... May I propose to split this whole taxation argument thing to another thread? Both so that the true venting isn't snowed over, and because others might be interested in it who wouldn't expect it in the venting thread?

JAL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 am 
Sanno
Sanno

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:31 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I've just sent an email to get an appointment to be advised on insurance matters. Some feeling of success there, but it's kind of tempered by how completely emotional I am at the moment. I have just made a text document so that I can prepare the questions I want to ask in my "advice appointment" (what the hell is natural English for Beratungstermin?) ... and just writing down the questions I want to ask resulted in me feeling completely hopeless, crying ... and then somewhat weirdly, getting up to lock my bedroom door so that no one else can come in. For some reason, I feel safer right now with my bedroom door locked - not like my flatmates are a threat and it's not like they just come into my room unasked, but I really can't deal with other people in this state and I feel slightly more in control to be locked in here. I'm still sitting here with the door locked but I'm starting to see that I'm getting really irrational and it's concerning.

I've been locking my door a bit lately. In the past, I've only ever done that when my flatmates have drunken friends over because they sometimes just stumble in through the wrong door, but lately I just feel safer knowing no one can get in without me having the chance to think about it first. I know this is potentially concerning, but I have no concerns about my physical safety - no urges to hurt myself or end anything and I really only want positive things for myself - but I can see my behaviour starting to turn into crazy person behaviour. I could be out having dinner with friends of mine at the moment but I can't really face a group, so I'm at home, literally locked in my bedroom. Just trying to concentrate on the fact that I have just made a positive step. Yay me! I'm going to unlock the door.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Huh. I can't think of a natural way to say it either. I guess "appointment with an advisor"? Consultation, maybe? "Advisory appointment"?

I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:48 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Well very good that you at least make the advice appointment ! Writing down some questions you have is indeed a good idea.

---------------

I have a presentation tomorrow but oh man I can't get myself to work on it. I wasted two entire days not working on it. I am very demotivated because I only keep getting 7s and 6s (out of 10) for my assignments for this subject so I truly can't be bothered. Even if I score a 4.5 I will be at 5.5 for this half of the course, and then the final paper just has to be higher than 5.5 and at least I passed it....

I am really getting fed up of my studies. However, I do not have a clear idea of what else I'd like to be doing, so continuing this is the only option. I sometimes feel like I just want to be on vacation or something, but it's not like that would solve anything in the long run. I think what I'd like most is to have a full-time job to earn some money (very low on the money department here) and which is not utterly stupid/dumb/physically heavy. But yeah, what on earth to do?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:09 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:54 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

That new cities:skylines game is really eating up any time I should spend on useful things. The game is so addicting, I just can't. stop. playing. Instead of preparing my presentation, I have perfected my city's bus network.

So I guess this will be an all-nighter.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I know that feels: even though it has its problems, C:S is pretty damned addicting, especially the part about optimizing transportation

considering the devs did a whole game about optimizing transportation, it's not surprising

... this reminds me, I should really get a better CPU: my rig can run any FPS just fine but it gets all sluggish with RTS and other backend-heavy games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2646 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 106  Next