The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The dream thread

Post by Birdlang »

I had this dream where my conpeople were dancing around a pole with a Woods Hen stuck in it with the pole going through its heart. They were singing Goosehyay (a ritual song) and one was playing on a reed flute that sounds similar to a pennywhistle but squeakier and reedier. Another was jamming on a synthesizer playing the chords to the song, Another was hitting the ritual drum and birds were shooting blowdarts at the dead woods hen
Hello there. Chirp chirp chirp.

Dezinaa
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Dezinaa »

Last night I had a dream where I was at school, and there was a garage-like door leading to a classroom. We were all outside the door waiting to get into class, and then a girl walked up crying. She said she didn't do well on her online math homework last night, and that her parents would be extremely angry. Someone gave her a laptop and she went to the website. Turns out, she did fine. We all went into class after that, and she stopped crying.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

I had a dream where I was watching traffic near an intersection, and a truck was having trouble turning to get into an alley and it caused a small backup, then another truck came around the corner and somehow dropped its trailer in the intersection, where another truck suddenly plowed into it at high speed, which then resulted in a major pile up as truck after truck continually plowed into the growing mangled wreck, one of the trucks ended up crashing into and completely destroying a small building next to the road. Then all of the people who were in the building I was watching all of this from decided that it might be a good idea to get out and away from the mess, though by that point the trucks seemed to have stopped coming. Due to how many people were in the building, however, it soon became difficult to go anywhere due to people trying to crowed onto the stairs.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

I was visiting rleatives in Aruba and while I was out enjoying myuself, someone tld me my car was gone. Someone else's car was also ogne. I went out to look for it, and figured calling the police to let them know it was stolen would work well because it would be one of the few US cars around. But I noticed it was cold and dark and windy out, and there were no palm trees, meaning we had somehow not ended up in Aruba after all but merely somewhere in the USA south of the current snow line. But then I found my car. It turned out it was just my dad turning it into a camel, complete with its own license plate that said it was a camel.

In this dream, camels were common in the southern Appalachians and Camel brand cigarettes was named to advertise where it came from.
Last edited by Pabappa on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And now Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey with our weather report:

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

Lyhoko Leaci wrote:
Publipis wrote:
Lyhoko Leaci wrote:Another dream I had I was in some sort of school-like place, I don't remember much but there was a nurse's office where a Hina was stationed, though she didn't seem to be in there when I looked, though there were a couple of other people just standing around in there. At another point we were in a dark area we heard something in a neighboring room and got scared, but it turned out to just be a friendly cat and everyone started petting it.
By Hina do you mean this?
I don't think so... I think it might have been Aoi Asahina from Danagn Ronpa. But then, seeing as I never saw who exactly it was, who knows?
Ah, thanks, I didnt see this until now. I like the donuts. "Remember, kids, donuts are good for you! You too could have a body like this if you eat lots of sugary donuts every day!"

------------------
wen i was 8 yrs old or so iu was dick with the fluy and i had a dream where i followed a m aze and it seemed to cute me of the fly. jhust now i had a the flu and i had a dream that i went to vermont .... specifically a paricular place that ih avsent seen in 11 yrs, buty have often freamty of .... and it was warm, and people were walking around the woods that seemed to be scientists. they had been looking at some newly planted plants that had been planted by young kids recently, as part of a nemelenenbary schoolfield trip, and weretero bserving those. it was very unusual t osee other people there. i still remembered the path despite not bisiting for4 11 years except once brieflyt lookin in googlemaps, i thinjk this is partluy because oteh dreams. Anyway it was warm out and i was "burninh ogg yhe flui" by getting myself hewated up, despite it being midwinter here and in the dream. o wpke up coughiong though so i still have a long way to go to be healthy again

will fix typods lsatyer, sorry

-----------------

I read up to "page 8" in a hardback book agout hobbits and it was a promoted one everyone was reading . page 8 was halfway through, though, and about five hundred pages in. efore it it was almost binary page totals for each chapter.

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

Yeah its me again.

----

Pharazon got in a fight at an airport and killed someone without meaning to. The other guy I think was saying "come get me!" or something like that as a challenge. When the news broke, literally everyone from the ZBB sided with pharazon, and although he was convicted of manslaughter, it meant only a short jail sentence intended to convince him to think more carefully the next time he faces a situation like that .And he could still communicate from jail and was the president of a math society unrelated to the ZBB that also considered him 100% innocent in the fight.

This mightve been in Alaska. I vaguely recall something about people saying that if it snows, and if flights are delayed by the snow, there will be a fight to take down whoever's responsible.. I think that Pharazon didnt kill the person responsible for canceling the flights, but rather the person who vowed to kill that person.

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

I had a dream where Zompist made a new book about his conlangs. It was a dictionary for all of his languages and it had Viminia in it, which I forgot what it looked like.
Then I woke up.
Recently, I have seen a Bird-speaking bird in my dreams who is constantly trying to punch a rubber ducky and cried when his claws ripped it open. He also committed suicide after that and no one went to his funeral and that was because his act was considered ungodly and out of place. Then, Birds were chanting and singing, "Gooseh gooseh goosehyay for the more a-are the merrier, the birds are smashing me and a smashing a terrier." Then, General of the Lizardmen A>ti/si\na: was talking.
Hello there. Chirp chirp chirp.

R.Rusanov
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by R.Rusanov »

My brother remembers all his dreams, in pristine detail. He was telling me about his nightmare yesterday where he was being chased by lots of tiny blue bugs that were apparently also ghosts. And he was on a field trip to an abandoned mansion with his 4th grade class and stuff. Also he killed a blue ghost by wrestling it into a fire, if I remember correctly. He has nightmares pretty much constantly.

Meanwhile I've only ever had three nightmares in my life and two of them were copies of each other. I barely remember a few salient details from each of my dreams... in last night's dream, I was in a loving relationship with a girl I used to worship in middle school, but she became a leftist in high school and we hated each other. It was so sad when I woke up and remembered it wasn't real.

The dopamine rush stayed with me all day though. I'm like in love with her now, but it'll wear off soon, I guess.

We're very similar in other ways, me and my bro. So why the difference? Honestly, I feel like he still lives in this childish world of wonder, and amazement, and all those good & pure feelings we lost long ago - but the other side of that coin is fear, and terror, true terror, the kind that makes you weep and weaken.

That's how man used to be throughout his whole life: joyous at the day's kill, uplifted beyond compare when the gods deigned to bring rain to his parched vally, and scared like a child of the dark, of the terrible thunder, of the wolf in his lair, of the sickness that carries men away like nothing....
Slava, čĭstŭ, hrabrostĭ!

Ketumak
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ketumak »

Nothing so profound here, but another conlang related one. A few nights ago I dreamt I lent a phoneme from one of my conlangs to another conlanger and never got it back. It was /p/. I don' t know who it was, but I wrote to them several times to no avail. The loss and sense of powerlessness made me angry for a while, but I gave up in the end and struggled without a /p/. Late in the dream I realised that I needn't just wait, I could get /p/ back simply by typing it. This came as a revelation.

But then I thought no, I quite like this language without /p/. I'll leave it as is. Later I consciously worked up a p-less phoneme inventory I quite liked and may use somewhere, eventually.

hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Post by hwhatting »

That was how Proto-Celtic was created. ;-)

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

I dreamt that I was looking at Fuji, but there was a much higher set of mountains rising behind it. So I was like "... that's not right, Fuji's the highest mountain in Japan". Then in the dream I kind of zoomed out so that I could look at it like a map, and there was a volcano in between two mountain ranges next to a long inlet. I drew it out in a little notebook after I woke up - I'll probably use it if I ever get around to creating a conworld, lol

Ketumak
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ketumak »

@hwhatting: Crikey! I see what you mean!

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

I dreamed that I had taken a vow of silence, put on a fursuit, and gone to live in someone's house as a pet.

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

I had a dream about April Lavigne (sic) that I really wanted to remember ... I woke up 3 times thinking "i gotta post this" even though I knew that posting in the middle of the night makes my typing even worse than normal. Buuuut i was too sleepy so i just kept going to back to sleep and now all I remember is the name.

So insyead, here's a dream from last year:

"Chad Soapskin" creatred a store in a small strip mall in my old hometown. He was popular as the inventor of Tintamint, some kind of skin treatment. So popular that the other stores in the mall changed their signage to resemble his ... pale colors in horizontal ovals with ornate fonts. In that mall there was a new Chinese restaurant ("Imperial" something) and a small grocery store.

Earlier, though, I had been in a building with others in the center of town (which in this town is actually quite desolate, not built up with malls due to geography), watching a movie / video game, where one of the participants walked through a very thin hole i nthe wall, and became a small boy who fell onto the floor and lost his weapon ( a sword i think). Then it becxame an NES-like video game inbolbing many levels of fighting monsters, where at first he was totally defenseless, but soon he got a weapon and became more powerful. This was somehow tied in with the promotion of offbrand merchandise like paper towels with funny movie-prop names (e.g. Throne of Darkness has its own line of beer, which is in reality some other company and Throne of Darkness pays them to relabel it). I was trying to find who put the movie prop towels etc in there but the staff didnt know. This was in a sdchool, and there was a woman named Steve, and I thought she might be responsible but I wasnt sure she existed. She looked like a teacher I knew in higfh school who was a hair model. Outside the building, on a hill, was "Burger Tyke" abnd a few more businesses like that. The logo of Burger Tyke was a baby girl in a diaper standing on top of ta hamburger. This may have been the place with teh dolphin flavored coffee from my other dream ()did I I post that here?) . And then further down was Chad Soapskin. Outside Burtgher Tyke were animate walking Bombs waiting to be rescued. I knew that they would be rescued, but I was not the one to do it.

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

I was back at my parents house, and a rabbit was pooping and throwing up all over the place in a my room. They had a pet rabbit, it seems , and i was stuck with cleaning up after it. Dream probably caused my hearing about someone's 9 pet skunks and the fact that in my conworld rabbits are aggressive and kill more humans than almost any other animal. (Not due to their physical strength, but their habit of living in cities just like humans, and the fact that humans & rabbits eat mostly the same foods.)

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

I was walking past a construction site and a worker was throwing things down from the building and I thought I could get hit by something, so I started to cross the street to get out of the danger area, but then he saw me started deliberately throwing the things at me. They were heavy, kind of chisel-shaped things and if when they landed end on, they were spearing into the ground, so ... clearly dangerous. He was nearly hitting me it was like he was shooting them at me. I ran around the corner and then got out my phone to call the police. Then he disappeared and I thought the police would never be able to find the right guy, so I gave up.

I was on a train with my parents. It was somewhere in the mountains and the train was on a kind of lift thing so the carriages were level but we were going up a mountain. It was going really fast and it was worried the train was going to rush down the mountain again and smash. We went to some town and then my parents left there and to get back to the town I lived in, I had to change trains in another town but I didn't know how so I just gave up and sat on the train platform in the other town. I went and looked at where the buses were going and there was one going to where I grew up. I didn't know how that was possible, since I'm in Europe now but then I realised I must not really be all that far.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

Bunmch of college studnetas were visting me, including a hraphic designer from LA whom I used to know. In fact they mightve been all freidns of his. They were mostly men. Some of them brough ther kids, a 2 year old girl showed up and I said "college students are getting yougner every day" to a coworker of mine. I was mostly ignoring them though, except for the few I trecognized, and was watrching YouTube . Ther ewas some sort of party going on, and as in so many of my dreams, trhe builkding we were in was enormous with many floors, but in this case, the room we were in had windows and one could get outside just by walking there.

---

Wearing just a pair of red briefs I went outside and started looking througjh my hamper for more clothes. I live in deep forest and its quiet enoiugh here that that wouldnty be a problem, but this time there were other people outside including a few teenager boys who were pointing and making fun of me., Eventually I found a pair of dark green running shorts and put them on. But by this time a very tall man (at least 18 inches taller than me*) had appeared and was looking around. Someone piinted him to me and he told me he was the sheriff and handed mne a bill for about $2000 (there were 4 fines listed on it, which added up to about $1984). Because i wasnt wearing just m underpants anymore, I tried to pretend that this is what I had been waering all along, and the other boys had been wrong. But even with that he still woudlnty budge so I realizaed I had to pay the bill. Still I planned on getting my money back later by going to court and dealing with the embarrassment there. But then I noticed my car was gone. A coworker of mine pointed out of that the 2 teenage boiys had found my keys somewhere and had run off with it.

But sometimes i my dreeams I am smaller than in real life. Thats why I didnt just say "he was over 7 feet tall" etc

----

oh wow i dreamt about playing with baby toys (as an adult) and jkust now realized the dream wasnt real

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

I was in a car with my dad. He was driving. I think we were driving from Brisbane to Adelaide. The sky was grey and stormy and we saw a couple of tornadoes in the distance. At one point, we pulled over and my dad needed to pee. We were standing in a park and I turned around and saw that he was facing me while peeing and I said something like "You know, people usually face away from people when they pee." (Or maybe it was more like "What the fuck is wrong with you? Turn the fuck around!") And for some reason, he started walking towards me and I thought he was going to pee on me and I was holding a plastic washing basket so I kind of used the bottom of it as a shield and his pee sprayed back on him and he was completely soaked and he was so angry and kept coming towards me, so I pushed him over in the mud ... in the pee mud ... and I felt guilty because he's an old man.

And then I woke up. Um ...
More: show
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

lol. I think Ive seen thatwoman before, or someone who looks like her ... the hair color was different.

okay now that i look its probably not the same woman: http://www.whiteeyebrows.com/wp-content ... 41x300.jpg

-------

at a beach, a duck opened its mouth wide and killed an eagle. And went on to bite a lot of other beach creatures to death. The ocean was filled with humans, but they didnt seem to notice and the duck wasnt interested in them either. As im going home i walk past a restaurant owned by a family from Egypt.I dont remember the name, but I remember that there were 3 of them in my city and I dont know if that is true in real life or if it was just the dream. He had changed his last name to “Athens” so people wouldnt think he was Muslim, and because he had visited Greece before coming to America. The restaurant was dark, and had a bar that served wine for $3 a bottle, but only during certain times of the night. Oterwise it was more epxnesive. Later, as I arrive home, I try to go up the stairs to my apt. On real life i live on the 4th floor and usually use stairs instead of the elevator. I go up 9 flights of stairs and still am not there. The next two flights seem to be only downwards, so i go on those. Then there were some weird amusement park tube* ride things that basically dont exist anywhere in the real world as far as i know, but show up a lot in my dreams as a means of quick transport. I really would love such a thing if it was real. In other dreams, I get on them and am suddenly 80 feet over the ground, moving directly to where I want to go even if it's in a different building. But in this dream I was just moving within the same building. eventually i meet up with someone who starts talking about a dream about a duck eatijng larger animals. at this point i realize the duck thing was a dream for me too and thats why it was so hard to believe. It seems a lot of people had had the same dream. But even so, on the news it shows it happening, and a reporter asks “why didnt the people notice?” and then zooms in on them. They are all playing a contact sport in the water, hundreds of them, and therefore never even once looked away from the ball.

I may have double dipped to get this dream, since the blankets I had on when I woke up are not the ones i had on when i went to sleep. I remember waking up and putting on an extra blanket, but i already had had the dream then., I think though its possible i act'y woke up 3 times because i had had 2 alarms.

*Not an inner tube, i dont know how to describe it, the whole ride is basically a slide but enclosed top & bottom, and has a motor to push people through.

---------------
No, I dont post every dream I have here, just the ones I htink might be itneresting.
"Tamboyurine zager"
There were many rural roads and grass houses. THis took place in an area that, like many others, may or may not exist in the real world ... it's familiar enough in my dreams that I want to say it does exist, and is somewhere in nothern Vermont, but I could simply jhave dreamt of it so often that it became firm in my mind. I wouldnt be able to tell you how to get there, given any real-world starting point, fore example, or how to get out.

Im listening to Zager & EVans "In The Year 2525" on headphones carrying my old red radio, and keep hittingh rtepeaty. The lyrics are slightly different, e.g. Judgment Day is in 5510. Once or twice, i press back to replay the song, but when i press back twice, it changses to the aBBa Tambourine song. oN Tambourine, i press the volume up button the radio, even though it doesnt afferct myu headphones volume for some reason, it makes the radio vibrate more with eacxh beat and i like that. I had shaved my chest. "EUrope" was here (I dont know what that means). Im terying to find my car. I had been able to see it from high up a few minuterds ago. But now that i am at ground level, i cant find it anywhere. i press the bbuttoon, listening for th ewcar door lock sound, but i cant hear an uthing. I keep walking on trhe road,s and on the left is ee a giant "wheel" thing which looks very pleasant, but i figure IM probably on the wrong treac bnecause I hadnt see nthaT BEFORE. but i keep going. a girl was with me but i wasnt interetsted in her, nor she in me. i pass a few ouses, butting thingsd on the ground that werent there before and tkasing some other things (all i remmeber is a skin cream, which i=t was wet out so i was worried it we get wet). l,ater, a young girl cimes running to me saying "my special talen is _____" (i foreget what) and when she gets close i pull on a bracelet shes is carrying (but Now weating) that is the source of her power. THe bracelet is seemingly also a keyring, with 2 keys on it.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

I dreamed that I married a girl I knew from college, but a relatively short time after we got married I fell into a coma or something and woke up with almost no recollection of our relationship. I had to watch home videos and my wife and children basically turned into talking bowling pins in the videos.
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

I dreamt that I was Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones. I was struggling with something, but went to work at a strip club to pick up my pay and they gave me a huge wad of cash, and a slip that said I was owed a million more dollars due to a lawsuit the club won.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

A disease called "ileopsoou" or "ileopsoriou" was raging through people who had taken another drug, perhaps Truvada, which had become a 100% reliable cure for HIV and AIDS. Symptoms were inflammation of the skin and extremely high fever, such as 107°F. The skin would also get thinner, and be easier to injure, and could fall off leaving exposed red flesh underneath. Other times, the fever caused all sorts of damage. Some people, though happy to have been cured of AIDS, found the new symptoms impossible to endure and committed suicide rather than waiting for a cure . (Since in the dream the drug cleared them of HIV completely, it wasnt clear why they still had to take the new drug ... unless it was a TGN1412-like "one pill, a lifetime of symptoms" situation.) Most others endured the pain, but the death rate from ileopsoou seemed to be climbing higher and symptoms appearing earlier. In infants given the drug, they were becoming symptomatic as early as their teens, though one critical study called this "barely early childhood".

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

My maternal grandmother died - the last of my grandparents. My mum was really upset, even though my grandmother is/was basically nothing but evil. (I say is/was because I don't know if she's still alive in real life. If I believed in psychic connections, I'd ask my brother if she's finally died.) I wasn't able to comfort my mum and she left. Then I found a video of my early childhood - I was about 3, on a beach eating ice cream. It was all really normal and idyllic and I didn't know such a video even existed. For a second I could imagine that my family was not a group of people destroyed by violence. That's when I ended up crying. I felt so guilty about not being able to be there for my mum and I was afraid that I had simply imagined all the violence in my family and had simply become estranged from them because I'm mentally unstable and made a big deal over nothing. Everyone assumed I was crying because my grandmother had died. I woke up and was surprised that I hadn't actually been crying. I'm sick of dreams like this - can't these things at least be coated in symbolism?

Then I fell asleep agan and dreamed that a handsome Italian man with tattoos on the sides of his head kissed me. I felt confused about everything. In the dream, I knew him and he basically has sex with anything that moves, but he seemed to like me as a person as well. I even felt a bit turned on by the kiss, which was basically a miracle. I felt afraid of getting hurt but then I woke up and was simultaneously relieved and disappointed. I have never had a sex dream in my life and as far as I can remember, that's the closest I've ever come.
________
MY MUSIC

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

<Seraphinus> last night, during a dream, I entered a store in a mall that had free cake samples
<Seraphinus> I grabbed one, strawberry flavored, and ate it
<pthagnar> realistic
<Seraphinus> it actually tasted sweet
<Seraphinus> I was like, this is a dream, and it tastes sweet!?
<Seraphinus> pthagnar: in this same dream, I was talking with my mom in my room when some little elves showed up and showered us with hoses
<Seraphinus> then I got out of my place and saw a neighbor, with whom I apologized for not knowing the Canadian tradition of elves coming in to shower us
<Seraphinus> no, really

Pabappa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pabappa »

The Parrot Thruway opened, and was a road and a few towns in which only females were permitted. It was intended as a safe space where the crime rate was low. Boys up to the age of 5 cvould stay if accompanied by their mothers; after that, the mother was expected to move out. I will put this in my conworld, probably in the Pabap-speaking Mirsis Empire. Its name in Pabappa would be Pablap Rarubi.