kårroť thread - thread is now closed

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

kårroť thread - thread is now closed

Post by mèþru »

Edit: thread moved to here.

Post questions and comments about my conworld, kårroť. Most of the information pertaining to kårroť will be on my blog.
If you post your phonology on this thread, I will give a romanisation of it based on the romanisations of my conlangs brazi and agefaqeg.
You will see that proper names are only occasionally capitalised. This is just a representation of the fact that the Brazi family of scripts is unicameral.
ìtsanso is the king of the gods of good in one of my conreligions. urkos is the king of the gods of evil in the same religion. kal is a short version of kaleþoklèn. So far the names have no meaning.
Last edited by mèþru on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Re: kårroť thread

Post by Nortaneous »

Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

:-D
It is actually pronounced very differently than how it looks. The romanisation is the same for all languages using a Brazic script, and the romanisation is based off of brazi pronunciation. kårroť is actually pronounced /ˈkaʊ̠̯ɹ.ɹɔt͡ʃ/.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

I forgot to add:
You are welcome to add suggestions and ideas.However, I will ignore most of them. I'm mainly looking for criticism.
kårroť

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Re: kårroť thread - Necroes welcome!

Post by mèþru »

Here is a scratchpad for a conlang in this world. I plan to post a more developed version on my blog at some point.
kårroť

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

kårroť

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

so how do you say carrot in karrot'?

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

Carrots don't exist...
My world does not have any Earth species, but the species could have either been brought from Earth, genetically modified and bred selectively by mad scientists or evolved independently. In fact, there is no indication of Earth existing or not. Many species will be very similar to Earth ones and even have the same name (horses, humans, dandelions), while many will be very different (killer bush). I barely created any wildlife yet (my most recent blog post is basically all I have), so I don't know about any carrot-like species.
kårroť

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

aww :(

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

fìnlai /ˈfɪn.lai/ refers to a wide variety of large, narrow taproot plants with many colors.
kårroť

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

lol cool

Anyway sry for trolling just this thread caught my eye and then i wasn't sure what you're really asking for or what kind of discussion you want to have. It's a bit vague.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

Anything related to kårroť. I write about kårroť throughout the forum and in my blog.
kårroť

gestaltist
Lebom
Lebom

Post by gestaltist »

Any specific reason why you're not using an English-friendly romanization for the name of the conworld?

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

The romanisation of Brazi is supposed to be based on Latinate values. The script used to write agefaqeg is derived from the Brazi script, but sound change completely changed the values.
kårroť