New languages

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Frislander
Avisaru
Avisaru

New languages

Post by Frislander »

Now I know you must have a good deal planned, Zompist, what with your writing and all, but when do you think we can expect to see new language material coming out, for instance when might we get to see a page on Virtual Verduria devoted to Nanese, or perhaps Obenzayet or Luxiajia?
https://frislander.tumblr.com/

First known on here as Karero

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: New languages

Post by zompist »

I know it's seemed like Almea hasn't gotten a lot of love lately, but I just put up a new page on Lé spirituality.

Which isn't a new language, I know. :? I've been swamped by client work lately, so new Almean languages have been low priority.

All the languages you mention have at least some work done on them, so I should definitely finish them some time...

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

Great work!
Minor criticism:
It is rare and not as easy to do as the reverse, but women can rape men.
"There also the important episode of the Men’s Empire." needs a verb.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Ketumak
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ketumak »

I've long been intrigued by the name of Čia-Ša language family. It's a sub-group of Eastern, yet the names are so brief and don't look at all Eastern to me. I expect then, that something pretty radical is going on there and would like to know more. Are there any plans to develop a Čia-Ša language in the near future?

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

According to his site (http://www.zompist.com/ethno.htm), he already has a wordlist for Lufaša, a Ša language.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Frislander
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Frislander »

mèþru wrote:According to his site (http://www.zompist.com/ethno.htm), he already has a wordlist for Lufaša, a Ša language.
That list appears to be rather out of date, though, because we now have grammar pages for Old-Skourene, Munkhashi, Dhekhnami, Uytain, Le.
https://frislander.tumblr.com/

First known on here as Karero

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

There's also this page...
kårroť

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Personally if there's a new Eastern language I'd like to see, it's probably Sarroc. I like the idea of it being close to Verdurian but also separate from it...
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

So Haleza Grise wrote:Personally if there's a new Eastern language I'd like to see, it's probably Sarroc. I like the idea of it being close to Verdurian but also separate from it...
Seconded!
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

Since I knew of Sarroc, I've wanted a taste. So third me on that.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Heh, one thing that's tempting about Sarroc is that the lexicon is mostly done. Grammar is barely started though.

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

That's not temptation, that's opportunity right there.