[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Conlang relay [relocated] (aka "The Cursed Relay")

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

First known on here as Karero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

Oh, don't be sad. We can always try and find some incriminating photos of Ivan Derzhanski and blackmail the IOLing Board into putting the Proto-T1 as the Team Contest problem. :P

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

At this point it's probably the best option we have really, given that there doesn't appear to be much willpower for it on this board despite how wonderful the languges are *my own personal opinion*.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

So yeah I've sketched out the bones of a which I'm happy to throw out to anyone who wants it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 am 
Sanno
Sanno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:27 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:04 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

OK so I've begun the table with my first correspondance!

I'm missing the Teyetáti and Tked data though, the former because the link to the PDF is broken (because Dropbox) and the latter because there's no information available yet (to the point where I'm considering just ignoring it for the purposes of reconstruction). What would be really nice though would be to use data from their proto-language instead of having separate correspondences, avoids the possibility of me positing a form to proto-T1 when it is only found in those two.

Also the Omari cognate is highly tentative but it's the closest I could find in the lexicon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:00 am 
Sanno
Sanno

Looks like a good start!
You don't have to start at zero though. Have a look (which you've already posted in!), and note that there's a link to where a good number of possible cognates has already been compiled.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

OK after looking it over it is clear to me that I need a good deal more experience, though I do have some ideas for some sound correspondences which I'll put into the document. The presence of the descendants of Old Yalan really clutters up the table though, is there a reason for them being there?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I think you will be ok with just Old Yalan correspondences. Although the morphological cues might be slightly outdated.

Edit:

Looks like it's been longer than I was aware of. WY and EY were made public in August 2012. A year later, in August 2013, a user named Muyam made an effort to reconstruct their common ancestor, but the reconstruction of T1 was still going at a slow pace. So, in November 2013 I started making bits of Old Yalan public.

Almost four years have passed without a significant progress.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:10 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Could someone get that Teyetáti lexicon back up please? Because I could really do with some more input from that language. I should probably also see about adding more Tari to the table.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:02 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:01 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:07 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Hi guys! After a looong break from conlanging, I am trying to get back into the swing of things, and thought that I should do a bit of work on ARN so that it can at least be useful in the Proto-Ronquian reconstruction. I have added another ~30 words to my incomplete as well as added the two suppletive ordinals: ŋʷok 'first' and qa-zo 'second', as well as the three bonus words r̊ʲaʃri 'necklace', rʷokʲi 'chief' and rʷobʲat 'house of the chief'.

Also, the word for 7 was phonologically illicit and has been changed from kroʃʲe to qroʃʲe.

Here's a .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:01 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

OK, so I think I'm gonna have to give up on Muyan in its current state, so I think I want to have the pages deleted and replaced with something else. I'm thinking I might want to replace it with a language I already have worked on called Keṭ Lixuem [kɤʈ lexɯ̯əm] (examples ). I didn't originally intend it to be spoken on Akana, but at the same time I have no other ideas for a Muyan replacement, nor any desire to start a new conlang right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

So, I've been thinking, maybe we should try seeing if /r/conlangs on reddit is up to reconstructing proto-T1?

My Conlangs (WIP):

- - -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:49 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Also, as an aside. Been working on the syntactic stuff, hope it helps with whoever eventually works on the reconstruction.

My Conlangs (WIP):

- - -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:52 pm 
Niš
Niš

Is this project still somewhat active? If so could i join, and make a descendant of Proto-Isles?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:18 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much activity lately, but that doesn't mean this project is dead. You are more than welcome to join us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:03 am 
Sanno
Sanno

I agree. Welcome, Gwynwth! Do you have a specific historical scenario for your Isles language in mind?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

There seems to be some server issues with the wiki; I've been logged out and I'm having trouble logging in again, as the login page isn't loading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:44 pm 
Niš
Niš

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next