the most main points of Dama language

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Dama Diwan
Sanci
Sanci

the most main points of Dama language

Post by Dama Diwan »

kuwe non un sake i un kuwo un.
KUWE-NON UN-SAKE I UN-KUWO UN.
frightening-thing← not-knowing that not-afraid not.
“ignoring or being unaware of the danger is no bravery”.
This is a good example to show the basic function of Dama. The most important distinction is between a noun (KUWO, afraid) and the corresponding active verb (KUWE, to make afraid, frighten, threaten). Nouns work as passive verbs too, in contrast to the active verbs.
The verb “to be” (copula) is normally absent, but there are various ways to substitute it: I, the 3rd person pronoun, is a common means to substitute the copula.
The 3 indeclinable logical words AN (become), IN (position; there is), UN (negation) function mostly as adverbs, so placed before the verb or other word they modify, but they can be used as verbs too, at the end of a clause, before punctuation. As in this sentence, KUWE-NON UN-SAKE I UN-KUWO UN where the UN at the end means “is not”.
And everything that corresponds to a relative clause, normally goes before the word it modifies:
KUWE NO =the frightening thing. UN SAKE= does not know; UN SAKE I =the one who does not know.
Extended Dama can form derivatives: KUWO=afraid, KUAWO (KWAWO)=not afraid, brave; including abstract nouns: AKUWO=fear, AKWAWO=fearlessness, bravery. But extended Dama is only for those who have well memorized the vocabulary. Ordinary Dama forms abstracts with WANO: KUWO WANO “fear”.
However, most of the time, concrete words can replace the abstract, as in this example: when we say that the ignorant is not brave (concrete), it means that ignorance is no bravery (abstract).
Well, you can rightfully say that bravery should be expressed also in a positive way and not only through the opposite. Yes, so you can make many other terms for it, as NUNE WIJO “front’ing feeling” (the feeling that makes you front =bravery), or RITE WIJO “the feeling that makes you stand up”, or RUNE WIJO “the feeling to fight”, all these can be used for bravery. RUNE WIJO is not the same as aggressiveness, which is JIBE WIJO “the feeling to do or give something bad”.
And by the way, all the 258 roots of Dama can be used as names for God: most commonly TAME I “maker and user of the sky” and BUME I “maker of everything”, but also all other active verbs can be used as names of God; for example NISE I “the one who exposes liars” or KITE I “the one who heals”.
This is to explain that
DAMA KIWO SEN BUMO NAKO-MA NIBO
Dama speech has→ all search-to find
(The Dama language has an answer to every question). Well, indeed the full name is Dama Diwan kiwo jeno (see group with that name too), the Dama Diwan language, but when the context helps, it is enough to say DAMA KIWO.
Again note that the -N shows the direction of the object: -ON -E (NON SAKE) shows the object before its verb; -EN -O (SEN NIBO) shows the verb before its object.
There is profound wisdom in the etymology of all roots through the 12 phonemes, each phoneme being an original root. For example, W means a growth; K means decision, a targeted thing, steadiness, stability; S means possession, presence, availability. In KUWO “fear”, we have WO a growth, accumulation, achievement, which is KO targeted, and also steady, hard to move: a growth attracts envy, and it is targeted and hard to move, that is why it has fear.
Then SAKO, knowledge, is KO the steadiness, that is establishment, SA of the present, available (reality), in other words, the confirmation of the present reality.
And all that wisdom in the etymology of all the 262 morphemes is not the pride of anybody, because all the roots were defined through random (perhaps you have heard that before, i say it again for those yet unfamiliar with Dama). More etymologies, and the whole language in a nutshell here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I believe I have posted this to the right place, because, although one post cannot present a whole language, yet this one presents all the main points of Dama, in a more mature way than a post I had put here before a year or more. Still if you think it clutters the forum, please feel free to move it to another forum - or delete the post altogether.
i kiwa jenon naje, nake, nibe, sake ka:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/omado.sosti.matiko

Salmoneus
Sanno
Sanno

Re: the most main points of Dama language

Post by Salmoneus »

Oh good. Here we go again...
Blog: [url]http://vacuouswastrel.wordpress.com/[/url]

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

Travis B.
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Travis B. »

Salmoneus wrote:Oh good. Here we go again...
Can we say that again...?
Dibotahamdn duthma jallni agaynni ra hgitn lakrhmi.
Amuhawr jalla vowa vta hlakrhi hdm duthmi xaja.
Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro.

Frislander
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Frislander »

Travis B. wrote:
Salmoneus wrote:Oh good. Here we go again...
Can we say that again...?
Yes, it's happening, I swear this guy's a troll.
https://frislander.tumblr.com/

First known on here as Karero

Raholeun
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Raholeun »

Dama Diwan wrote:And all that wisdom in the etymology of all the 262 morphemes...
Tell me more, minimalist-senpai.
language LNK. cover

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

Dama Diwan wrote:(The Dama language has an answer to every question).
But does it know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

Frislander
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Frislander »

Raholeun wrote:
Dama Diwan wrote:And all that wisdom in the etymology of all the 262 morphemes...
Tell me more, minimalist-senpai.
Don't say that you'll only encourage him.
alynnidalar wrote:
Does it know why the answer to the great question about life, the universe and everything is 42?
https://frislander.tumblr.com/

First known on here as Karero

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

Hey Dama, why me?
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

Frislander wrote:
alynnidalar wrote:
Does it know why the answer to the great question about life, the universe and everything is 42?
Or which came first, the chicken or the egg? Or why the chicken crossed the road? (Hint: To learn more about its family history! This is an old joke from a cartoon version of our family history my brother drew years ago)

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

The Voynich manuscript was written in Dama.
Basque is really just corrupted Dama.
Dama was the language of Adam and Eve.
Dama can be spoken faster than the speed of light.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Raholeun
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Raholeun »

mèþru wrote:Basque is really just corrupted Dama.
If anything, Dama is raw and uncut mentalese instead of that Cro Magnon-blabber.
language LNK. cover