Munkhash war

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
vlaran of verduria
Sanci
Sanci

Munkhash war

Post by vlaran of verduria »

About the great war I have a few questions
1.Did Ervea know that Attefei was attacking from the other side
2.Did the Quaramians fight with Ervea and Attefei
3.Were the Tyellakh neutral during their independance
4.Are you planning any more writings on the war
5.Where can I find more info on the civil war (Ervea and Sevurias)

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

I dunno about the rest, but the Qarau are just sleepy little farmers, and elsewhere (on the old board, I think) Mark writes that the Tzhuro and Lenani just leave them alone, given that Qaraumia has very little grazable land. I'd assume that, if invaded, they would('ve) fight/fought the Munkh?shi/Dhekhnami to the bitter end.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Glenn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Glenn »

Well...I'm not the expert--that's Mark, of course :wink:--but until he answers himself...

1. I don't think Ervea knew right away about Attafei's invasion, but since they both fought against Munkhash for a number of years, I'm sure that he learned of it soon enough--long before the two of them finally met on the field of victory.

2. As Drydic said, the Qarau are a fairly peaceful people if left alone. According to the Historical Atlas, early in its history Munkhash attempted to expand eastward into the Qarau lands, and they fought back fiercely, leading Mukhash to focus on expanding westward instead (into the lands of the non-Munkhashi Eyeleyni, related to those already living in Munkhash, and later into the Cadhinorian lands).

3. Tyellakh does seem to have remained neutral; the Tyellakhi kept the political system and religion (worship of Gelalh) that the ktuvoki had given them, but they traded with their neighbors rather than fighting them, and practiced animal sacrifice, rather than human sacrifice as before.

4. and 5. You'd have to ask Mark! I don't think he plans any more stories about Ervea and Attafei anytime soon (apart from the information already posted in the Verdurian Drilldown and the Historical Atlas), but I suppose you can ask if he has any other materials.

p@,
Glenn

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Munkhash war

Post by zompist »

vlaran of verduria wrote:About the great war I have a few questions
1.Did Ervea know that Attefei was attacking from the other side
2.Did the Quaramians fight with Ervea and Attefei
3.Were the Tyellakh neutral during their independance
4.Are you planning any more writings on the war
5.Where can I find more info on the civil war (Ervea and Sevurias)
1. Glenn's answer is correct.

2. The Qaraus weren't involved in the war. Some of them later converted to Jippirasti, however, and became the rulers of Dem?shimor (see the 1750 map).

3. They were more of a battleground than a significant power. For both sides, they represented an opportunity to be a few hundred miles closer to their enemies. The Munkh?shi took the opportunity first, occupying Tyellakh sometime after the war began (compare the 1616 and 1632 maps).

4. It's part of the master plan. :) Someday I'd like to write the story of Erv?a.

5. There's no more details available now; but there's a little more about Sevurias here:
http://www.spinnoff.com/zbb/viewtopic.php?t=1466

Ancenande
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ancenande »

More or less of topic, but as we're talking about Munkhash:
From map -1360, I seem to associate
{Dark Brown-->Munkhash-->Ktuvok==EVIL}
So, form 1989, when Cadhinas loses control of some Eynleyni, I say "oh no Munkhash is back they will kill everyone!!!!!!!!!".

Strange.
[quote="linguoboy"][quote="Ollock"][quote="linguoboy"]I believe you mean "Poilsh"[/quote]/failed joke or dilexia, linguo?[/quote]And I've never heard of "dilexia". Is that the state of knowing only two words of a language?[/quote]

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Re: Munkhash war

Post by Warmaster »

zompist wrote:5. There's no more details available now; but there's a little more about Sevurias here:
http://www.spinnoff.com/zbb/viewtopic.php?t=1466
My god, a mere three years and i honestly can't remember asking that question! :roll:

I am too looking forward to the Evera story, i think it has got a lot of promise for an 'epic' (in scale, if not nessisarily in pure length) For some reason, thinking about it, i keep coming up with substituted images from the film 'Waterloo' in my mind :roll:
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben