Iliu language

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Iliu language

Post by dhok »

It says on the Almeopedia that the iliu language has not been mastered by any human. What's it like? What makes it so complex?

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

I believe Mark described it as violating many of the most fundamental universals of human language, for one. That is, it doesn't just break ones regarding syntax or phonology but even ones as basic as the purpose and nature of language. On the other hand, I think he also said he had quite a long way to go before he had any substantial portion of it drafted. Assuming he has any material already, which he may not.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Iliu language

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

dhokarena56 wrote:It says on the Almeopedia that the iliu language has not been mastered by any human. What's it like? What makes it so complex?
Think about it, they can share visions, something between empathy and telepathy. It wouldn't be hard to have Eteodaole relying on this feature of ilian biology, making E. completely unmasterable by humans (or flaids or elcars for what it's worth). True "memes"?
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus