ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Sko, that looks absolutely disgusting. :P

Me with glasses! (just got them)

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

I had no idea a straightforward photo of me would generate such a response. Bonus points if you can identify the restaurant where it was taken, and a free phoneme to the first person who correctly identifies the type of pizza.
Aszev wrote:You do realize that pizza is subjected to substantial geographical variation?
According to the 'pedia, what in Naples is called a "roman" pizza is what in Rome is called a "neapolitan" pizza. It's the same as the French Horn/cor anglais.

Is there a special linguistic term for this sort of thing? If not, there certainly should be.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Cathbad, there's something about those glasses that shouts EUROPEAN HERE. :P
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Cath, your living room is quite high-ceiling'd it seems.
Viktor, what is it that makes those glasses scream European? Don't you guys wear these kinds of frames in America, or rather, in your environment?

Twpsyn Pentref
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Twpsyn Pentref »

Guitarplayer wrote:Cath, your living room is quite high-ceiling'd it seems.
Maybe he's sitting on the floor? If not, either that piano is very tall or Cathbad is very short.
Cathbad, there's something about those glasses that shouts EUROPEAN HERE.
I disagree completely.
So take this body at sunset to the great stream whose pulses start in the blue hills, and let these ashes drift from the Long Bridge where only a late gull breaks that deep and populous grave.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Twpsyn Pentref wrote:Maybe he's sitting on the floor? If not, either that piano is very tall or Cathbad is very short.
Cathbad's not short, as far as I remember (taller than I am). He's probably seated on the floor or at a desk.

Further, Cathbad does look good. Glasses don't really say anything special to me, but they're still cool. I may get some like that when I get my next pair.
Skomakar'n wrote:This is how much of my blonde hair that has grown out recently. About five centimeters. I'm doing my first bleach today. I'm aiming towards snow white with a black fringe.
I'm pretty sure your hair's not too happy with the abuse you're putting it through. But, then again, no reason not to experiment.

ayyub: You look good, but something seems like it's missing in your photo...
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Twpsyn Pentref wrote:
Guitarplayer wrote:Cath, your living room is quite high-ceiling'd it seems.
Maybe he's sitting on the floor? If not, either that piano is very tall or Cathbad is very short.
It's just the angle, probably. I was sitting at my aunt's dining room table when I took the pic and it's not all that high-ceilinged. I'm 176 centimeters tall, not sure whether that counts as short or not. :P

As for the glasses themselves, my aunt said that I look just like my dad who wears a very similar design. European? Maybe, but if anything I'm proud of my Europeanness :) It's quite a classic frame shape, anyway. They were quite expensive for glasses I'm only going to wear to lectures and maybe watching TV sometimes, but meh.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I'm putting my money at 'fugazza with champignons' for bricka's pizza
Jacqui wrote:
Torco wrote:
Jacqui wrote:Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you're supposed to eat it with your fingers.
That's like saying that it's disrespectful to cut one's spaghettis or to eat them without any tomato sauce; I'll eat my damned food however the shit I please, thank you very much, I don't think it's offensive to enjoy one's food the way one pleases. If some random dude gets offended by me eating spaghettis without any sauce and without using a spoon or whatever, that deserves around as much consideration as some random dude being offended because I wear shirts instead of a towel around my head or that is horrified at me not praying to it's imaginary friend: none at all.
It's spaghetti btw because spaghetti is a plural.

Taking this from a different perspective -- Imagine you're a woman.. Would you go to.. I don't know... UAE wearing sleeveless shirts and short-shorts? No. You wouldn't. It's the same with Romans and food. You have to eat it like an Italian would.

Do you understand?
Okay, honey, whatever you say.
silly tourists

Catscratch
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Catscratch »

Cathbad wrote:Me with glasses! (just got them)

You're a young Dr. J from Hubblecast! :D

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

@Jacqui - I was going to write a drawn-out complaint, but then I realised that it wouldn't be very helpful. And everyone's use up the best rebukes.

Instead, have some pickles and tea (that's traditional, anyway; but I'm sure that pizza is available too, and you can eat it with your fingers as long as you don't make a mess) and welcome aboard.
Out of interest, are you a native UKist or were you born abroad? *hopes this will explain the spaghetto orthodoxy*
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

Davoush
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Davoush »

Here's one of me smoking shisha and one next to some old canon (I think) thing.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

thedukeofnuke wrote:@Jacqui - I was going to write a drawn-out complaint, but then I realised that it wouldn't be very helpful. And everyone's use up the best rebukes.

Instead, have some pickles and tea (that's traditional, anyway; but I'm sure that pizza is available too, and you can eat it with your fingers as long as you don't make a mess) and welcome aboard.
Out of interest, are you a native UKist or were you born abroad? *hopes this will explain the spaghetto orthodoxy*
Lol. I was born in Italy to an Italian family and moved to Australia when I was 3 and I'm 16 and we very recently moved to UK which I am starting to hate already.

Nah. It's that I've grown up with a family speaking Italian and I get very sensitive about my..... heritage... *wipes eyes*

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Here I am coming home from my Nonna's house and we've all been fed like Hansels and Gretles...

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

Nice photo :) What part of the UK are you living in? If it's London, then you have my condolences.
Davoush - I strongly approve. Although the first pic doesn't display for me. EDIT: No wait, it does.
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

thedukeofnuke wrote:Nice photo :) What part of the UK are you living in? If it's London, then you have my condolences.
Davoush - I strongly approve. Although the first pic doesn't display for me. EDIT: No wait, it does.
TY. East Midlands, BTW. It's like.. Full of chavs and Polish.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Jacqui wrote:
thedukeofnuke wrote:@Jacqui - I was going to write a drawn-out complaint, but then I realised that it wouldn't be very helpful. And everyone's use up the best rebukes.

Lol. I was born in Italy to an Italian family and moved to Australia when I was 3 and I'm 16 and we very recently moved to UK which I am starting to hate already.

Nah. It's that I've grown up with a family speaking Italian and I get very sensitive about my..... heritage... *wipes eyes*
Italians or descendants of italians are often like that. And they yell a lot xD

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Torco wrote:
Jacqui wrote:

Italians or descendants of italians are often like that. And they yell a lot xD
FOTTITI, LURIDO PORCO! APRITE LA PORTAAAAAAAAAAA, MISERABILI PEZZI DI MERDA.

Oops *stares at my tourettes medication*, there I go.. Telling someone to open the gate, again...

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I really have no idea why people find the Italian 'lang romantic, beautiful and really elegant.

And yeah, it sometimes looks like all italian people have either tourettes or bipolar disorder... some both ;)

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Torco wrote:I really have no idea why people find the Italian 'lang romantic, beautiful and really elegant.

And yeah, it sometimes looks like all italian people have either tourettes or bipolar disorder... some both ;)
LOL.

It can be really romantic if it's spoken like... softly. But that'll never happen. Spanish isn't muh good either. Spoken toooooooo quickly.

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

Torco wrote:I really have no idea why people find the Italian 'lang romantic, beautiful and really elegant.
Same for me. Also, French and Spanish.

I'd say German pretty much fits that, though, and Finnish fits the "crazy badass lang spoken by angry people with very large guns" that most people think fits German.
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Nortaneous wrote:
Same for me. Also, French and Spanish.

I'd say German pretty much fits that, though, and Finnish fits the "crazy badass lang spoken by angry people with very large guns" that most people think fits German.
Finnish? baddass? :S it sounds like... soft and romantic to me xD

And yeah, I love Spanish, but spoken quickly it can sound like a typewriter xD

ayyub
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ayyub »

vampireshark wrote:ayyub: You look good, but something seems like it's missing in your photo...
Thanks. I'm not really sure what you mean, though; what's missing?
Ulrike Meinhof wrote:The merger is between /8/ and /9/, merging into /8/. Seeing as they're just one number apart, that's not too strange.

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rickardspaghetti »

Perchè non mi avete detto che Jacqui può parlare italiano? (was that right?)
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

Jacqui wrote:Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you'resupposed to eat it with your fingers.
Pretty much everyone in Quebec, except for corner-pizzeria pizza.
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Yiuel wrote:
Jacqui wrote:Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you'resupposed to eat it with your fingers.
Pretty much everyone in Quebec, except for corner-pizzeria pizza.
ils sont fous, ces Canadiens