Lol! :o
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

More GIMP-fuckery with pictures of old presidents:

And a really lame explosion sort of thing that took me forever to get the colors not horrible on:
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

Fanart of my favorite webcomic :

"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

sasasha
Sanci
Sanci

Post by sasasha »

Hehe, that's awesome.

I watched your 'let's make Swedish beautiful' videos. They're cool. You really have the oddest accent in English I think I've ever come across though - like you've incorporated features from about ten different dialects as you wished. The prosody sounds really Brummie, then you seem to have quite a few cockney vowels and lots of glottalisation, then some bits are really Australian... :D I wouldn't normally comment, it's just that my cousins are from Värmland and their accent in English is a lot more sort of Swedish sounding ... and I was wondering if you'd decided to affect a particular way of pronouncing English as well as Swedish... :p It sounds interesting and quite nice, and very fluent, don't get me wrong, I'm just interested. My Swedish pronounciation is definitely terrible.
If you were eager to learn how it might be to buy what surely would have turned out to be those sixteen cows I think I may have discussed with you (if indeed it was you whomwith I had that conversation), I'm afraid I shouldn't be able to help you.

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

It is very odd, isn't it? It must be terrible for other English-speakers to work out where you're from.

Oh, and Yiuel: That's a great picture!
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

Unbidden
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Unbidden »

If you move really fast up and down this page it looks like the universe is giving birth to a rock band... :P

Nortaneous, nice job the university computer I'm using has a fit each time I scroll past your presidential blobs...
[quote="Dewrad"]Oh god. It's like having a [i]really eager puppy[/i] bouncing on your chest when you're hungover.[/quote]

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

Unbidden wrote:If you move really fast up and down this page it looks like the universe is giving birth to a rock band... :P
Haha :D, well that's good for my artwork, isn't it :)
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus

Unbidden
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Unbidden »

Yiuel wrote:
Unbidden wrote:If you move really fast up and down this page it looks like the universe is giving birth to a rock band... :P
Haha :D, well that's good for my artwork, isn't it :)
How about saying that your rock band is creating the universe? :D
[quote="Dewrad"]Oh god. It's like having a [i]really eager puppy[/i] bouncing on your chest when you're hungover.[/quote]

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

thedukeofnuke wrote:It is very odd, isn't it? It must be terrible for other English-speakers to work out where you're from.

Oh, and Yiuel: That's a great picture!
I did a few embarrassing mistakes back then that I don't make anymore, though, but I know my pronunciation still has its flaws.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Fresh English from me, speaking of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZ9yYGu1og

Zaris
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Zaris »

A bit of a large creation myth for an empirical conculture for my conworld.

(This is a really rough draft so please forgive the crude names. the First God is somewhat of a devil figure at a later time. the Guardian, mentioned briefly, will function later as an Adam-like figure.)

Before dirt, grass, trees, man, and animal; there was only sky, rock and water. The waters were between the rock and sky; the sky above and the rock below.
The sky had within it the great light that shined greatly during the daytime hours and shined weakly during the nighttime hours, revealing the mysterious smaller lights in the background.
Below the rock was a hollow were two rivers flowed.
The first flew from the Mystic Realm, were gods and spirits resided in a mysterious mixing of all magics and landforms, carrying the magical properties of the Mystical Realm with it, to an indentation within the rock were a well was formed. This well was the Mystic Well; and adventurers would later seek this ill-fated well for the power it could grant them.
The second flew from above, piercing the rocks below and forming a web of lesser rivers from a greater lake.

A long time later, after the rivers had been fully livened and the well filled, there came from the First River a god. This was the First God and he did not come of his own will.
Banished for his lechery, the First God was forced to follow the waters of the First River forever; but his exilers did not know the river had made way into the mortal realm.
So, the First God stopped following the waters of the First River because they ended at the Mystic Well. Telling himself his exile was over because of this, the First God stepped onto the dry rock and, by the governance of gods, he was made keeper of the mortal realm.
The First God had an idea for a great kingdom, so he created servants for him to do his orders.
First, he constructed the Orcs. Strong and little taller than man, the Orcs were capable of working for long hours; but they were temperamental and war-like.
Second, he constructed the Ogres. Taller than two men standing on each others' shoulders, the Orges could lift a greater factor of weight than the Orcs and were thus capable of carrying stone--raw or molded--to the places were they were desired; but stupid and dependent of another's overseeing.
Third and last, he created the Goblins. Smallest of the three but smart, the Goblins were capable of keeping the other two in order and were the solely defined foreman; but cowardly and deviously clever.
The Servants were fair and beautiful at first. But the fall of their master would lead to their rebirth as the savage Underlings.
So, the First God had a palace constructed at the place were the Second River flowed the longest; and allowed the Servants to construct housing were they wished; great stone architecture glistened and gave the dim hollow light. So, the First God had a kingdom of his own, beneath the waters and the sky.

Another long time later, the First God grew tired of his rule of the land; so he planned to pierce the roof of his kingdom in order to venture into what he considered the mysterious land above.
But no structure could be built that would reach so high and continue to reach higher if the the Servants could use a non-existent tool that would last for such a long and hard dig. The First God then conceived an idea: he would venture into the Mystic Realm--despite his exile--and steal a seed from the tallest species of tree; and then he would use the power of the Mystic Well to make the tree grow otherwise impossibly large and strong so it would pierce through the entire ceiling at once and allow the First God to climb it's bark to the surface.
So the First God ventured carefully into the Mystic Realm and found the seed he sought. But he was discovered by a guardian of the realm and was pursued. The First God ran and was able to re-enter his governed realm; and the Guardian would not follow for he would dare not dirty the governance of the gods. He retreated to his overseers to find leeway to execute the First God.
So the First God made his plan actuality. He took a handful of the water from the Mystic Well and dripped it over the seed; and quickly threw it into the lake which the Second River had formed. Immediately the tree began to grow; it pierced the ceiling and continued to stretch high into the sky above the waters. It's roots stretched far for the liquid all plants need; and they were so numerous and motivated that they wove tightly together; till they were they were walkable and they sprouted grass, trees, fruit, and other plants.

(Constructive Criticism is appreciated :wink: )

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Skomakar'n wrote:Fresh English from me, speaking of it:

is that swedish english accent or just your special englishlect ?

Ink
Niš
Niš

Post by Ink »

Some doodles from today:

(The tropical snaquail. Composite creatures are always fun to draw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngvNUaWvck

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Torco wrote:

I don't know what it is, but it's the best I can do. I'm not native, after all. Does it sound that bad?

eodrakken
Lebom
Lebom

Post by eodrakken »

Skomakar'n wrote:
Torco wrote:

I don't know what it is, but it's the best I can do. I'm not native, after all. Does it sound that bad?
No, your English is good. There are some pronunciation quirks that give you away as a non-native speaker, but you don't have a strong Swedish accent. I doubt I would have been able to guess what your native language was.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

eodrakken wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:
Torco wrote:

No, your English is good. There are some pronunciation quirks that give you away as a non-native speaker, but you don't have a strong Swedish accent. I doubt I would have been able to guess what your native language was.
Ah. Thanks. If there are any quirks you remember, I'd love to know, so that I can get rid of them.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

You'll get them with time... or not... I've always found english spoken with swedish or german accent sounds awesome... like Goldmember. xD

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I sure hope I don't sound like that.
Last edited by Skomakar'n on Wed May 12, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radius Solis
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Radius Solis »

Awesome, Ink! I like all three. And particularly the palm trees in #2, which on second glance are very nicely three-dimensional - you can see which fronds are in front or behind, some are mostly hidden from view by others, etc. Well done.

Ink
Niš
Niš

Post by Ink »

Radius Solis wrote:Awesome, Ink! I like all three. And particularly the palm trees in #2, which on second glance are very nicely three-dimensional - you can see which fronds are in front or behind, some are mostly hidden from view by others, etc. Well done.
Thanks, Radius! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngvNUaWvck

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Finished up or started on a bunch of classes for my game the other day.
Right now, I just finished up the tileset class.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Yaaaay!

After at least over nine thousand hours, I finished up my AnimatedImage class for the game.
It wasn't hard to do; it just contained a lot and thus took a lot of time to get done.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I was bored, so I coloured this photo of some no longer existing homes in Detroit. Obviously the colours are all wrong and far too simplified, especially on the houses, but I didn't have the patience to make it more detailed lol.

Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.