The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Pthug wrote:well you see, japan stole eddy's dreams
maybe if we can convince eddy that his dreams are being dictated by the southern race ?

[which, if you think about it, is probably true]

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I had a dream that a Frankenstein-ish guy had a girlfriend whom he accidentally killed. He cried some, but then she came back to life and yelled at him for killing her ("YOU KILLED ME, YOU BASTARD!" is all I specifically remember her saying).

[I recently finished Of Mice And Men, so that probably is where the dream came from]
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

I dreamt last night that I was listening to some orchestral performance on the radio and then 'awoke' to discover that I had been hypnotised to sing a very good rendition of an aria from The Magic Flute at this concert and to believe I was not actually present. I was suprised that hypnosis made me sing so much better than I normally can.

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Post by bulbaquil »

I had a dream in which, among other things, we needed to round up seven fully-grown cats and seven kittens. Only in my dreams, kittens are never the actual size of kittens; they're more like the size of hairballs and don't resemble cats at all.
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I dreamt in Thai last night, which is weird, because I don't speak a word of Thai. xD

I was in the movie รักแห่งสยาม (Love of Siam), and I was the character Tong. It was near the end of the film, after the big concert, and I dreamt an alternate ending in which I tell Mew I love him, instead of saying we can't be together. We made out on the stage, while Mew's friends cheered and shouted "Get a room!" in dream-Thai, after which we run away to Chiangmai to live with my missing sister.

It was a very nice dream indeed, and Witwisit Hiranyawongkul is a marvellous kisser. :3

jlyne
Sanci
Sanci

Post by jlyne »

I dreamt about honey cream cheese icing on bacon cinnimon rolls. It was delicious.
Yup.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was visiting my high school. It was weird, since none of my teachers were there. (It has been 20+ years.)

goneriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by goneriku »

Jlyne wrote:I dreamt about honey cream cheese icing on bacon cinnimon rolls. It was delicious.
Man I have dreams about food all the time. I'll have the most delicious buffets and the such, and then I wake up and I realize not only am I still really hungry but the only food I have available is either junk food or a simple sandwich. :(

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Just be careful you don’t wake up and find your pillow is gone :P

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

goneriku wrote:
Jlyne wrote:I dreamt about honey cream cheese icing on bacon cinnimon rolls. It was delicious.
Man I have dreams about food all the time. I'll have the most delicious buffets and the such, and then I wake up and I realize not only am I still really hungry but the only food I have available is either junk food or a simple sandwich. :(
Hell, I wish I dreamt of food. I only seem to dream of electric sheep lately.

Herra Ratatoskr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Herra Ratatoskr »

Torco wrote:
goneriku wrote:
Replicant!
I am Ratatosk, Norse Squirrel of Strife!

There are 10 types of people in this world:
-Those who understand binary
-Those who don't

Mater tua circeta ibat et pater tuus sambucorum olficiebat!

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Herra Ratatoskr wrote:
Torco wrote:
goneriku wrote:
Replicant!

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

maybe if we can convince eddy that his dreams are being dictated by the southern race ?

What, like the ghosts of Jefferson Davis and Andrew Jackson planting images in my head while I sleep?
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

goneriku wrote:
I don't think I've ever had a dream that involved food. I was raised on bagels and cereal and I currently live off salmiak and sandwiches, so I guess that makes sense, but damnit, if I can't have good food that isn't made of sugar, salt, or plastic, why can't I at least have it in my dreams?
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Arzena
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Arzena »

Dream sex. Weird part is I don't have (conscious) feeling for her. Felt awkward seeing her at school today.

Her: "Hey, what's up?"
Me: *I slept with you in my dreams* beat "Oh, nothing much. "
A New Yorker wrote:Isn't it sort of a relief to talk about the English Premier League instead of the sad state of publishing?
Abi wrote:At this point it seems pretty apparent that PIE was simply an ancient esperanto gone awry.
Shtåså, Empotle7á, Neire Wippwo

ná'oolkiłí
Lebom
Lebom

Post by ná'oolkiłí »

Unfortunately I almost never dream about food or sex =(

Just now I had a dream I had to undergo surgery to remove my cerebellum because I had an AVM like Nate from Six Feet Under. I'm pretty sure my surgeon was the man who removed my wisdom teeth. When I woke up after the operation, he had also removed my spine, vertebrae and all, which I totally had not signed up for. I found my spine (or maybe just an unrelated spine) in the kitchen sink so I decided to put it in the dumpster. This dream was also intermingled with some sort of video game that was a lot like Zelda: Link's Awakening. I was Link, I guess, and I was in a cave. I'd just gotten the feather that lets you jump. I can't really remember if these two dreams happened one right after the other or at the same time, but they were definitely somehow connected.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Eddy wrote:

What, like the ghosts of Jefferson Davis and Andrew Jackson planting images in my head while I sleep?
no. like culture

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Arzena wrote:Dream sex. Weird part is I don't have (conscious) feeling for her. Felt awkward seeing her at school today.

Her: "Hey, what's up?"
Me: *I slept with you in my dreams* beat "Oh, nothing much. "
I know what it's like... worse thing was that I dreamt of having sex with an ex, and I woke up with my girlfriend. awkkkkkkkkwaaard

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Torco wrote:no. like culture
Oh, like my dreams are pastiches of William Faulkner novels?
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Eddy wrote:
*facepalms*

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

Eddy wrote:
What on earth do you have against Faulkner? I like Faulkner. Faulkner is a good author.

goneriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by goneriku »

Torco wrote:I know what it's like... worse thing was that I dreamt of having sex with an ex, and I woke up with my girlfriend. awkkkkkkkkwaaard
haha nice.

The worst is whenever I'd be having a dream about sex and then one of my parents would walk in and wake me up to get ready for school or whatever. :(

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

Pthug wrote:I don't think I did! In the time it took for the venting thread to burgeon into 112 pages of quality vomitus, this thread has feebly waddled only into a second.
You're right if you meant this topic won't be as popular as the venting thread, and not, as I imagined, that it won't take off at all.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Re:

Post by bulbaquil »

rotting ham wrote:
Pthug wrote:I don't think I did! In the time it took for the venting thread to burgeon into 112 pages of quality vomitus, this thread has feebly waddled only into a second.
You're right if you meant this topic won't be as popular as the venting thread, and not, as I imagined, that it won't take off at all.
It also doesn't exactly help that you can only have a new dream if you've slept between posts, whereas all you have to do to vent is to be angry, which one can easily be multiple times a day an hour.

Anyway, I had a dream last night in which I was taking a short quiz over some movie that I've never watched and that probably doesn't exist, that seemed to combine elements of Wizard of Oz, Little Red Riding Hood, and Robin Hood. The test security during the quiz was horrible; it felt more like trying to do homework in a college cafeteria. Some of the questions were kind of weird, like "What type of pants was the witch wearing?"

At any rate, I then found myself in the very early morning (6:00 a.m.-ish, but I'm not sure how I knew that) in a parking lot in some sort of town, where I was being "chased" by that witch and two homeless bums, the witch being on a broomstick and proceeding to cackle the correct answers of the questions. Oddly, however, the chase was slow enough speed at which I could simply walk and keep apace.

Somehow I found myself in a sewer that kind of looked straight out of the end of Portal, 10 stories underground, where there was a party going on that the police, or possibly some vigilante group was supposed to break up or something, but the "police/vigilante/whatever" consisted of a single Chinese person who looked more or less like a cross between Jet Li and a male version of the "pretty Asian chick, likes to kick people" from Live Free or Die Hard, and this person seemed somehow impervious to being guillotined. Don't ask me how I knew that. Then I woke up.
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

Ramses
Niš
Niš

Re: The dream thread

Post by Ramses »

I had a dream that I was viewing the Scandinavian Penninsula from above. Suddenly, the land of Sweden disappeared. Norway and Finland fought for the area by building more land where Sweden used to be. Finland finally conquered the area with land, but Norway extended out southwest.
"It was not the sadness of one about to commit suicide but the melancholy of one that has been rejected."
-From a Dream

"The only daughter of the Sun is Chaos."

"Käpó ní Jan ú äshí Úfá."