What are you playing?

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Torco »

Darkgamma wrote:
Torco wrote:Dude, the Lily story is great... I'll be forever burdened with a blind chick fetish because I played it.
I admit Lilly seems nice, but, seriously, if you can't tell a girl that she looks nice... em.
I have a scarred girl fetish now <3
Really? hanako? man, she's bawring. I mean, shy is fine but... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

also, you can tell her her body or face or calves or whatever is awesome, she doesn't need to see to get what ya mean xD

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Torco wrote:
Darkgamma wrote:
Torco wrote:Dude, the Lily story is great... I'll be forever burdened with a blind chick fetish because I played it.
I admit Lilly seems nice, but, seriously, if you can't tell a girl that she looks nice... em.
I have a scarred girl fetish now <3
Really? hanako? man, she's bawring. I mean, shy is fine but... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

also, you can tell her her body or face or calves or whatever is awesome, she doesn't need to see to get what ya mean xD
Hanako is hawt - I like that kind of girl :D Boring? NO WAY, she's just shy, but not boring.
Actually, here, boring might be fun - I've played through the Emi ending, admittedly with light to medium skippage, and got to the happeh ending.
You know what I got? ANAL. Ew.

Can you tell a blind person "You look nice", or "your colour choice is awful" without bursting into a laugh? I've been guilty of it IRL
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

What's wrong with anal? Also I can sorta get how boring might be a good thing... if there's someone who's non-threatening it's Hanako.
I don't think I've had much of a chance to talk with a blind person... so I don't know. But I don't think I'd laugh, I mean... I don't find it funny. it's likely a sapir-whorf thing: 'you look nice' does not exist in spanish, we say 'you are pretty', as in "soy terrible rica, wacha pelá".

Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Bob Johnson »

Torco wrote:Bad Shizune? you dawg, you xD
are you saying you wouldn't make the same choice IRL?

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Torco wrote:What's wrong with anal? Also I can sorta get how boring might be a good thing... if there's someone who's non-threatening it's Hanako.
I don't think I've had much of a chance to talk with a blind person... so I don't know. But I don't think I'd laugh, I mean... I don't find it funny. it's likely a sapir-whorf thing: 'you look nice' does not exist in spanish, we say 'you are pretty', as in "soy terrible rica, wacha pelá".
Anal? You're putting your thing in somebody's shit toboggan.
Hanako's nice, timid yet with a pretty wild soul - I'd choose her every day over Emi, or Shizune, since I quite like that kind of girl. Timid and non-threatening, after all, don't mean boring; are Wakashan languages boring? They are not threatening the survival of other languages.
Not to mention those scars >:3
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

I've been playing some Grand Theft Auto 2, since it's free (on rockstar's site). Not sure what the big deal is about this series. I thought the missions are pretty frustrating, especially the darn Yakuza "steal the swat van" mission. :P

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Bob Johnson wrote:
Torco wrote:Bad Shizune? you dawg, you xD
are you saying you wouldn't make the same choice IRL?
I *have* been known to turn down sex, you know. Especially when in a relatioship... though I have been known not to, as well... Still, protagonist and pinkhairchick didn't have any chemistry, and she was quite obnoxious. I'd have stopped at once, just like with Hanako... those were some *bad* fucks.
Gamma wrote:Anal? You're putting your thing in somebody's shit toboggan.
yup, and it's warm and toight!
And well, to each his own... I'd like to think I go for the lillies, shuzunes and emis, strong, empowered, sexually healthy women that are highly functional and funny... but alas, I always seem to get the Hanakos and the reis, and I'm rather tired of it.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Foolster41 wrote:I've been playing some Grand Theft Auto 2, since it's free (on rockstar's site). Not sure what the big deal is about this series. I thought the missions are pretty frustrating, especially the darn Yakuza "steal the swat van" mission. :P
There's quite a difference between GTA2 and GTA3!

GTA and GTA2 had their own kind of charm with the top-down view though... plus you only got, what, 3 lives in the original? Now that was hardcore - none of today's "be killed in a helicopter crash and respawn instantly at a hospital" kind of shit 8)

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Actually, you get 5. At first I didn't see the lives counter and thought it was pretty weird that I wasn't getting a "game over". :P

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

If I don't play Pokémon SoulSilver tonight, I'll be playing Minecraft Technic Pack/Yogbox/Voxelbox, or Katawa Shoujo now that I've actually gotten onto the Emi route.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

Diplomacy, fuck yea :-D
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

Bob Johnson wrote:Also http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/ is strangely addictive.
Thanks for this. I wish I could play it further than the intro, though. Chicken god FTW!

@ cbrxkhan: I read your description of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and I agree. Vvardenfell is one sweet conworld. On the note of good game conworlds, have you ever played Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles or any of the Seiken Densetsu series before?

I am currently trying to beat Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2 (in Japan - The Lost Levels in North America), Super Mario Bros. 2 (in North America - the derivative of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic in Japan), and Super Mario Bros. 3, all in a single go. This explains why I have been largely absent from the ZBB lately. Also been playing the original Legend Of Zelda...good game but still not Ocarina Of Time quality.

Chuma
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chuma »

I've been playing a lot of open source games lately. I want to recommend 0 AD, which is still in development but playable. They're looking for people to spread the word and to help out, and it looks like it's going to be really great.

I've just discovered OpenArena, the open source clone of Quake 3. I've missed Quake 3, since I don't have it on my mac, but this is about as good. Oddly enough the mac version doesn't work, but the Windows version does.

And I've returned to Gladiator, and old Dos game which I'm pretty sure is freeware now. Lots of fun. (Google "forgotten sages" if you want to find it.) Tho there seems to be some bug that makes my troops multiply. Makes it much easier.

And Battle for Wesnoth. I don't like turn based strategy as much as real time, but it's a good game.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Mashmakhan wrote:I am currently trying to beat Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2 (in Japan - The Lost Levels in North America), Super Mario Bros. 2 (in North America - the derivative of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic in Japan), and Super Mario Bros. 3, all in a single go.
For SMB3, are you playing it with or without the Warp Whistles?
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

I want to play Portal 2, but it isn't working. :(
So I'm playing Altitude instead. It's fun, and now some of my friends are playing too. I'm also playing eRepublik, as always... (since last month).
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

vampireshark wrote:
Mashmakhan wrote:I am currently trying to beat Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2 (in Japan - The Lost Levels in North America), Super Mario Bros. 2 (in North America - the derivative of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic in Japan), and Super Mario Bros. 3, all in a single go.
I am playing all four games without the aid of any warps altogether because I want to have seen and completed every single level. Using the warp pipes in the first Super Mario Bros. game made it way too easy; using the flute in SMB3 means possibly skipping giant world (world 5, I think) and that is one of my favourite worlds in the game.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

I used to play eRepublik a lot a few years ago, but the game got lamer to play due to all sorts of changes done to the economy and war modules so I stopped almost altogether.

Most of my eRep friends moved onto a similar site, so I'm playing that instead.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

Holy crap...it happened again! Someone else posted exactly one second after I posted. Yesterday it happened with Torco posting in a different thread and this time it was in the same thread... Wierd...

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Mashmakhan wrote:
vampireshark wrote:
I am playing all four games without the aid of any warps altogether because I want to have seen and completed every single level. Using the warp pipes in the first Super Mario Bros. game made it way too easy; using the flute in SMB3 means possibly skipping giant world (world 5, I think) and that is one of my favourite worlds in the game.
Giant World is World 4, from what I remember, but, still, not using the flutes is a plus. (Incidentally, I still remember some of the levels that gave my mother headaches... I think the big ones were 3-3, 3-10, 5-9, 7-3, and 7-4. Especially 7-4. I really don't like that level, either.)

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

Do you earn extra points with or without using the flute? I have never actually finished SMB3 before so I don't know. But yeah, if there are some levels that drive you crazy, using warps is a definate plus.

PS: Ah, right. Thanks for correcting me on level 4. Level 3 is the boat world, *level 4* is giant world, level 5 is the coast/cloud world, and level 6 is the ice world. I am still fuzzy on level 7 but I'll get there soon.

PPS: For those of you who still like NES games - and especially for those of you who like SMB3 - you should really check out this film.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Mashmakhan wrote:Do you earn extra points with or without using the flute? I have never actually finished SMB3 before so I don't know. But yeah, if there are some levels that drive you crazy, using warps is a definate plus.

PS: Ah, right. Thanks for correcting me on level 4. Level 3 is the boat world, *level 4* is giant world, level 5 is the coast/cloud world, and level 6 is the ice world. I am still fuzzy on level 7 but I'll get there soon.

PPS: For those of you who still like NES games - and especially for those of you who like SMB3 - you should really check out this film.
I don't think the flute does anything to the score... but it's been a while since I played the game. (I should pull it out again once I'm stateside.) And there is another type of warp called a Jugem's Cloud, which permits you to bypass one level; if you lose a life on that next level, though, you'd have to play the bypassed level.

World 7 is... well, weird. It's mostly a pipe world, but a few of the more difficult levels don't really use pipes. Like 7-4.

The funny thing is that my family doesn't own an NES... we have an SNES, instead, and a compilation cartridge with all four games (SMB, SMB2, SMB:LL, and SMB3) on it.

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

Oh, right. I think I remember world 7 now. I've been there before, I just didn't remember it because it was such a long time ago. I'm still on world 3 with SMB3 because I am currently finishing SMB2 (American version). Been playing them all in chronological order :P
vampireshark wrote:The funny thing is that my family doesn't own an NES... we have an SNES, instead, and a compilation cartridge with all four games (SMB, SMB2, SMB:LL, and SMB3) on it.
That would be Super Mario All-Stars, I believe. I have played it before and at one time I think I owned the SNES cartridge...but I don't know what happened to it. I kinda gave it to my youngest sister in exchange for sole ownership of the X-box :oops:

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Mashmakhan wrote:
vampireshark wrote:The funny thing is that my family doesn't own an NES... we have an SNES, instead, and a compilation cartridge with all four games (SMB, SMB2, SMB:LL, and SMB3) on it.
That would be Super Mario All-Stars, I believe. I have played it before and at one time I think I owned the SNES cartridge...but I don't know what happened to it. I kinda gave it to my youngest sister in exchange for sole ownership of the X-box :oops:
Yep, that's the one. My mother still has it... and a working SNES as well. Thing I preferred about All-Stars is the graphical upgrade compared to the NES versions. My favorite Mario game, though, is probably Yoshi's Island. Super Mario Sunshine, Bowser's Inside Story, and Superstar Saga come close behind.

And, well, sole ownership of a console is a plus, plus, as it seems like you have all the NES versions, that's not too much of an issue. I remember having to deal with "sharing" a Wii with my brother; that is, he pretty much took it with him when we stopped living together at university without asking me. (At least I got the Gamecube.)

And chronological order's also cool.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Super Mario RPG is the best Mario game, hands down. No one in Europe got to play it until Wii came along though.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró