Akana Conlang Relay 2011 (The Never Ending Relay)

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Akana Conlang Relay 2011 (The Never Ending Relay)

Post by the duke of nuke »

More or less.
Well I never! It's rather pleasing to see that they've taken an interest, and interesting to see what they did and didn't like about it. (And I've contacted them to see if they wanted to say anything to me personally.)
The main message I'm taking away is that I need to work on my theory, especially when it comes to syntax. Plenty to improve, plenty of opportunity :)
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by communistplot »

Here's my Lexicon for PNEB now with the name Ḏoarevutan (from PNEB *ðo͡ɑ.ɻe.vu.tɑ <Ḏoarevuta>). I'm working on descendants now that I know enough about diachronic conlanging where I'm comfortable with my own work and edits are coming to the article on Akana wiki, slowly but surely.
The Artist Formerly Known as Caleone

My Conlangs (WIP):

Pasic - Proto-Northeastern Bay - Asséta - Àpzó

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

I have started compiling the original sound changes for the Dumic languages, since I haven't found them posted anywhere on the wiki. Once they are completed, they can be moved to a section in the Proto-Dumic article, or to sections in the articles of the respective languages (that could be spoiling, though) or to an entire separate article.

Thoughts?
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Cedh »

Pole, the wrote:I have started compiling the original sound changes for the Dumic languages, since I haven't found them posted anywhere on the wiki. Once they are completed, they can be moved to a section in the Proto-Dumic article, or to sections in the articles of the respective languages (that could be spoiling, though) or to an entire separate article.

Thoughts?
Good idea! I think I'd move them to Dumic languages/Sound changes and insert links into all the language articles, either as a subheading under Phonology or at the end of the article under See also.