[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - What are you listening to? -- Non-English Edition

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

This song is in one of the languages of Madang province in Papua New Guinea. At first I thought it was in Gedaged, but Gedaged doesn't have <h> and <r>, so now I think it's in Bilibil, a related language.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 am 
Sanci
Sanci

Thomas Di Leva - Tiden faller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_8nkRcOpQ (Swedish)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:25 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am 
Smeric
Smeric

That's cool that you shared the song and translated it.

I've translated two Réunionese songs, one into German:

What do you think of as boring music, by the way?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 am 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:04 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I see what you mean. I'm not a fan of autotune myself. There have on occasion been songs that I could otherwise have listened to but the autotune put me off.

It's quite disappointing that you describe Swahili music like this. Obviously, Swahili music was not always like this. Perhaps looking at older music or more traditional styles could avoid this.

I have noticed that Autotune and similar musical modifications have only very recently arrived in Malagasy music: up until a few years back, it was basically unheard of.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:15 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I'm not too familiar with autotune, but it seems to be kind of common in African music in general. I've heard a few Nigerian songs in a pretty wide variety of indigenous languages that seem to have it. song in an Indian minority language seems to have it, too (starting around 37 seconds in), and I don't think it's the only Indian song I've heard that has it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:23 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

Apparently clusters of ejective consonants go quite well with reggae:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:10 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

The Khazar Georgian Thirteenth Tribe of Zion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bds3FALcR7M
(sorry for the lyrics...)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:54 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Renaud - Renaud cante el'Nord

An album in Picard (though the singer is actually Parisian and doing covers).

A sample:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 pm 
Sumerul
Sumerul

One thing that I notice about this is that Standard Dutch /ɛɪ/ is consistently pronounced as [aɪ].

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 am 
Smeric
Smeric

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 pm 
Sanno
Sanno

, arranged for ophicleide.
And [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn430KKgGNc]Andante and Rondo Ungarese, by von Weber[/url], arranged for ophicleide.

Both are pleasant pieces of no particular depth or memorability, but they demonstrate together an important fact: there needs to be more music for ophicleide!
(the Hungarian Rondo may also be known to some; I suspect the tune's from somewhere else).

*I think? The French word is "alto", which I think means a viola in this context, though it's possible it means an alto trombone?

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:24 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I think that the fantasie is actually not one of Hummel's fantasias because I can't find any of his works by that name in online catalogs. Maybe it has a different name or was made by a different artist.

ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 am 
Sanno
Sanno

A metal/postrock song with French that deal with worldbuilding (if only indirectly so).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 am 
Lebom
Lebom

I've made a couple of musical discoveries whilst I've been away. One is a couple of Japanese acts BiS and BiSH, the other is Brazil's tecnobrega scene. The name means something like "cheesy tecno" or "naff tecno". It's happy and undemanding listening. I particularly like Gaby Amarantos. See .

Tecnobrega has an unusual . Rather than fight a losing battle against the pirates, the recording studios co-opt them. Master tapes go straight from recording studio to street vendors. The street vendors then have to decide how many copies to print. Too many or too few and they lose money. Thus the recording company offloads the risk of that decision onto them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtjxrf2Vg7g

i wish this was all of the songs n full length and not just a melody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I do like Queen, and hearing their songs in Japanese gets a gigle from its incongruity.

is possessing me at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:55 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh by French band Magma. They play a weird mixture of rock, jazz and classical music. And they actually sing in a conlang!

Kobaïan is supposed to be the language used on the planet Kobaïa, though it's not a fully featured conlang: there are pieces of vocabulary, but no full grammar or coherent phonology; it's mostly a pretext to use vocals without bothering with meaningful lyrics.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

A Tamil song by Prabhu Deva ("Benny Lava") called "Netru No No."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0dW9mYpsA

Life is damn shame. GENDER NO NO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next